News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How Mad Would You Be? Pics Added

Started by 71ChallengeHer, April 01, 2007, 09:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71ChallengeHer

A friend of mine bought me a restored clock for my Chally for Xmas.  He said he would install it for me too.  I was very thankful for the gift and the offer to install it.  I got the Chally out Sat and he came over to put the clock in.  In doing so he cracked my brand new dash.  How pissed off would you be?  I walked away.  I was almost in tears.  And he just really blew it off.  And was like so what that part of the dash isn't in the sun and it's the plastic frame dash anyway.  It tore the vinyl too.   What would you do?

The70RT

I would be pissed especially if it was like it didn't matter. I am lost for words. That's gonna be a lot of expensive work. I guess you gotta deal or spend some loot......maybe he will fell sorry and offer some cash? :ahum:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pettyfan43

With what a dash cost for an e-body, it's his responsibility to replace what he broke.

If he offered to install it, he is responsible if he doesn't do it right and if he breaks something.

It's only right, it was fine before HE broke it, therefore HE should fix it.

I would be pretty aggravated, not necessarily MAD unless the other person wouldn't fix it, THEN I would be pissed! It's called personal responsibility. He needs to learn some.

Charger1973

That really sucks.  I wouldnt be so mad that it happened but I would be pissed if he had that attitude about it...

71ChallengeHer

The thing of it is, right now my daughter's car is getting painted.  I  just ordered a new PS pump for the Challenger.  I  just can't afford a new dash right now.  I work 2 jobs and support my daughter, myself.  I'm  just really upset cause my dash was perfect.   :brickwall:

dkn1997

Quote from: pettyfan43 on April 01, 2007, 10:02:51 PM
With what a dash cost for an e-body, it's his responsibility to replace what he broke.

If he offered to install it, he is responsible if he doesn't do it right and if he breaks something.

It's only right, it was fine before HE broke it, therefore HE should fix it.

I would be pretty aggravated, not necessarily MAD unless the other person wouldn't fix it, THEN I would be pissed! It's called personal responsibility. He needs to learn some.

that reasoning works when you take your car somewhere and pay someone to do it, but in this case, it's a friend, he gave the clock and his intent was to do something nice.  muddy waters here..
RECHRGED

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Charger1973 on April 01, 2007, 10:02:54 PM
That really sucks.  I wouldnt be so mad that it happened but I would be pissed if he had that attitude about it...
I'm telling you, he really didn't care. 

TruckDriver

That would be the end of a friendship if he didn't at least apologize and offer to help fix what he broke.  :rotz:

I been burned and hurt by so many people in the past, I can do that without any thought, and not look back.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

71ChallengeHer

TruckDriver

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on April 01, 2007, 10:12:28 PM
Year One $632.

I'd show that to your friend. Then if he blows it off. I'd say lose him. No one needs friends like that. :rotz:
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

71ChallengeHer

I honestly am grateful for the gift.  It was the attitude.  I know my Challenger is only a 318 car. But it's in really nice shape. 

The70RT

He doesn't sound like acar gut to me? Does he own any classics....he should know how you feel.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TruckDriver

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on April 01, 2007, 10:15:55 PM
I honestly am grateful for the gift.  It was the attitude.  I know my Challenger is only a 318 car. But it's in really nice shape. 

I wouldn't care if it was a slant 6 car. If he broke it, he should show some responsibility, period. I mean, if your in a store and break something, most of the time, you bought it, right. Same applies here. And if I broke something on someones collector car, I'd feel like crap and offer to fix or replace it.
PETE

Forza

71ChallengeHer

Yeah, actually he does. He has a 70 Challenger 440 clone.  But mines in better shape. IMO  But I think he's a hacker cause I got the new reset knobs for the ralley dash. Thet were missing when I bought the car. And he says to me if they don't go on right he is gonna egg the hole cause that's what he did to his.  I said hell , no. If the knobs don't go on right , they can stay off.  No egging holes on my dash.

71ChallengeHer

Ghoste

How close of a friend is he?  People should be more important than cars but if he's more like an acquaintance than anything else, then...

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Ghoste on April 01, 2007, 11:04:43 PM
How close of a friend is he?  People should be more important than cars but if he's more like an acquaintance than anything else, then...
He's not a close friend. I've know him for less then a year.  I agree people are more important then cars and it was a nice thing to try to do.  But to act like my car is a POS cause it's a 318.  And it's no big deal to crack someone's perfect dash pad.  I bet he would have been pissed if I did that to his car. 

68chrgrwife

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on April 01, 2007, 10:24:01 PM
Yeah, actually he does. He has a 70 Challenger 440 clone.  But mines in better shape. IMO  But I think he's a hacker cause I got the new reset knobs for the ralley dash. Thet were missing when I bought the car. And he says to me if they don't go on right he is gonna egg the hole cause that's what he did to his.  I said hell , no. If the knobs don't go on right , they can stay off.  No egging holes on my dash.

if he has a classic car he should know what it costs to repair/replace a part like that I say that all of us DC.com guys...... :boxing_smiley: (beat the crap out of him for acting like a dick)  wish I could help you out Jackie....
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on April 01, 2007, 11:11:29 PM
  I bet he would have been pissed if I did that to his car. 

Go crack his dash :devil:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on April 01, 2007, 11:13:49 PM

if he has a classic car he should know what it costs to repair/replace a part like that I say that all of us DC.com guys...... :boxing_smiley: (beat the crap out of him for acting like a dick)  wish I could help you out Jackie....
Thanks girl, your friendship means a lot to me.  And the support of the other people on here. I just had to tell someone.  I couldn't sleep at all last night.  I was just sick over it.  I was having a great day before that .  First day I get the Chally out.  He fired right up.  Taking it down the highway and having kids giving me  :punkrocka:  Took, Shelby to work in it. She was so happy, she loves the Chally.  And then get my day ruined.

Charger1973

That sucks, its one thing I have always kind of worried about in my cars too.  In my old Charger I had one of those dash caps because the dash was cracked.  I have actually thought about getting one for my cars I have now, but to keep them from getting a crack.  $600 only buys the new pad...  You still have to deal with removing the dash and installing it.  Id come by and help you do it if I lived closer.   :-\

68chrgrwife

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on April 01, 2007, 11:18:42 PM
Quote from: 68chrgrwife on April 01, 2007, 11:13:49 PM

Thanks girl, your friendship means a lot to me.  And the support of the other people on here. I just had to tell someone.  I couldn't sleep at all last night.  I was just sick over it.  I was having a great day before that .  First day I get the Chally out.  He fired right up.  Taking it down the highway and having kids giving me  :punkrocka:  Took, Shelby to work in it. She was so happy, she loves the Chally.  And then get my day ruined.

man that has got to suck bad after such a great day.....
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Troy

Hmmmm, I suppose this is why I'm so paranoid about letting anyone touch my car. If *I* screw it up I have no one to blame and then *I* can brush it off and get over it. I would feel terrible if I busted someone else's car while trying to fix it - especially if I didn't warn them first (if I knew I was messing with something fragile I'd certainly warn them!). His attitude is the worst part. A dash is a dash no matter what car it is attached to and people are attched to their cars for many reasons other than rarity. I wouldn't go as far as demanding a new dash because a) you weren't paying for it b) it doesn't seem like he did it intentionally. He was actually attempting to do something nice and it all went wrong. It would be nice if he'd at least act a bit remorseful though. Sorry to hear about this.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Silver R/T

he offered help and his intensions were good and then he even bought the part for you... id sit down and see if he could possibly pay part of it or something
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722