News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

some progress on my daytona, pics

Started by BigBlockSam, April 02, 2007, 05:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hotrod98

You been out playing with the Challenger again?
That poor daytona's gettin' a little jealous Rene.
If you don't hurry, my daytona cloner will be finished before your's. :poke:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

hey guys
well i just finish telling Jack that I'm taking the car out of his shop in April. done or not . it's been   two yrs and it still looks like that picture
he's busy on other cars  and my car gets neglected. i start  it up every 3 weeks and heat it up .. winters coming and at least its in a heated shop . thats why I'm giving him till April.
  i don't know how I'm gonna get it done but I WILL HAVE THE WING AND NOSE ON IT THIS YR!
even if  only to primer .  i would luv  to give hotrod98 my car to build and just give me back a finished car. I've never had a car built for me. that would be cool but he's so far away. Larry we have to talk.
  I've got all the parts. nose is together and functional.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,29394.msg321659.html#msg321659

i have all the rest of the parts to make it a daytona . everything is ready to install i just need my car back .
I've gotten alot of work done on my new toy, my 73 challenger . should be dropping the motor in in the spring. i'm gonna build the challenger in my yard. like i did all the other ones.  Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

BigBlockSam

i wanna sell my house and move in rite next to you.  :nana:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

hotrod98

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 11, 2007, 10:57:14 PM

Rene, I have another two beautiful wooded acres next to my place here in the rolling hills of northwest Arkansas. Pack your stuff and head this way my friend. The new shop is almost ready and I'm driving to San Antonio next week to pick up the new paint booth. We'll build lots of mopars around here.  :2thumbs:

Charles Addams

PocketThunder

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 12, 2007, 12:34:40 AM

Rene, I have another two beautiful wooded acres next to my place here in the rolling hills of northwest Arkansas. Pack your stuff and head this way my friend. The new shop is almost ready and I'm driving to San Antonio next week to pick up the new paint booth. We'll build lots of mopars around here.  :2thumbs:

NW Arkanas huh?  My Aunt and Uncle live there in Bella Vista, maybe i need to go visit them (you) for a weekend and learn some metal work.  :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

daytonalo

moparstuart

have rot rod larry do your car      he's doing my  plug, hatch, deck lid convertion     bring it on out rene the more the merrier
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

I'm selling my boss hoss motorcycle this spring. it's worth about $20000 . half to the daytona and half to the new house .
i am definitely leaning to sending Larry my car . then flyimg in and driving it home. i trust Larry and i know he is a talented fabricator.
i gotta find some way of getting the car and parts to him at a reasonable price. to make it worth while .

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 12, 2007, 11:29:41 AM
I'm selling my boss hoss motorcycle this spring. it's worth about $20000 . half to the daytona and half to the new house .
i am definitely leaning to sending Larry my car . then flyimg in and driving it home. i trust Larry and i know he is a talented fabricator.
i gotta find some way of getting the car and parts to him at a reasonable price. to make it worth while .
if you do have him do it let me know when you come visit I wanna come meet you

BigBlockSam

hotrod98

I live about two hours south of Bella Vista near Fort Smith. My brother-in-law lives near Bella Vista and builds those multi-million dollar homes for all of the Wal-Mart execs. As for land values, they're very reasonable in this entire area. Land with a mountain top view can be bought for as little as a few thousand an acre depending on how far from civilization you want to be. In the area where I live, two-acre building lots run from 30k to 60k. The problem with the low cost of land and housing is that a lot of people are moving into this part of the world. I guess it's that way in many parts of the U.S. though. While it doesn't get extremely cold and seldom snows here, it's does get hot as hell in August. I figure that's a small price to pay for the mild winters though. Our car show season hasn't even ended yet.

Stuart, I have your trunk closeout panel back here at the shop. I'll be ready to start on your car in a few weeks.

Rene, there's a guy near here that transports a lot of cars across the states. In fact, he had a couple of second gen chargers on the transport last weekend. He might be reasonable. I'll try to get in touch with him. If we can find him deadheading back from your area the price might be reasonable.

Charles Addams

daytonalo

A383Wing

Rene....car looks like it's coming around nicely....to bad we are so far apart....wish we could get together.

Bryan

BigBlockSam

QuoteI'll try to get in touch with him. If we can find him deadheading back from your area the price might be reasonable.

see if he can give you an idea of how much . i think i can fit all the parts inside the car and the car does run .i would install the 70 fenders and hood ,temporary on the car for transport. lets talk and I'll send you pics. if the numbers work for me, it's gone.

QuoteRene....car looks like it's coming around nicely....to bad we are so far apart....wish we could get together

yea Bryan i would luv to meet you too , you were one of the first people i talked to about my daytona idea. years ago before i even had my 69 charger.  :cheers:
I'm painting my challenger the same color as your car. i dig your car great lines.

Rene

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 12, 2007, 09:07:00 PM
I live about two hours south of Bella Vista near Fort Smith. My brother-in-law lives near Bella Vista and builds those multi-million dollar homes for all of the Wal-Mart execs. As for land values, they're very reasonable in this entire area. Land with a mountain top view can be bought for as little as a few thousand an acre depending on how far from civilization you want to be. In the area where I live, two-acre building lots run from 30k to 60k. The problem with the low cost of land and housing is that a lot of people are moving into this part of the world. I guess it's that way in many parts of the U.S. though. While it doesn't get extremely cold and seldom snows here, it's does get hot as hell in August. I figure that's a small price to pay for the mild winters though. Our car show season hasn't even ended yet.

Stuart, I have your trunk closeout panel back here at the shop. I'll be ready to start on your car in a few weeks.

Rene, there's a guy near here that transports a lot of cars across the states. In fact, he had a couple of second gen chargers on the transport last weekend. He might be reasonable. I'll try to get in touch with him. If we can find him deadheading back from your area the price might be reasonable.
great  i dont have the 440 started yet  but let me know when your ready   have the wing , wing washers , trunk drip rail(73 charger )  modified hinges ,  all ready  just waiting to here from you or howie on hatch ?

Howie

Heading to sioux falls , south dakota this next weekend to pickup a truck for a friend. I will be driving through kc sunday. Then it is back to tulsa. What a roadtrip.
Stuart. Just load er up and drive! :icon_smile_big:

hemigeno

Quote from: daytonalo on November 12, 2007, 09:38:35 PM
Do your Neighbors have summer teeth ??? :icon_smile_big:

From the Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

1 prej·u·dice
Pronunciation: \ˈpre-jə-dəs\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin praejudicium previous judgment, damage, from prae- + judicium judgment — more at judicial
Date: 13th century
1: injury or damage resulting from some judgment or action of another in disregard of one's rights; especially : detriment to one's legal rights or claims
2 a (1): preconceived judgment or opinion (2): an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge b: an instance of such judgment or opinion c: an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics

Any other wonderfully insightful and inspiring comments to make?

BigBlockSam

moparstuart

Quote from: Howie on November 13, 2007, 10:46:18 AM
Heading to sioux falls , south dakota this next weekend to pickup a truck for a friend. I will be driving through kc sunday. Then it is back to tulsa. What a roadtrip.
Stuart. Just load er up and drive! :icon_smile_big:
call me  if at a reasonable hour  we can get a bite to eat ?

hotrod98

Quote from: daytonalo on November 12, 2007, 09:38:35 PM
Do your Neighbors have summer teeth ??? :icon_smile_big:

No. But most of them have summer homes. Does that count?  :coolgleamA:

Charles Addams

daytonalo

hotrod98

Charles Addams