News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how do you remove the rear leaf spring shackle PLEASE HELP

Started by 73chargers4404, April 04, 2007, 11:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chargers4404

i got the rearend out i thought the weight of the rear was keeping the bolt from coming out of the frame so i just cut the shackles,but now the one half of the shackle and bolt will not come out of the frame ive tried hammering it out cutting the bushing on one side pressing it out with a c clamp .any ideas ,would it be a bad idea to take a pen torch and melting the bushing and trying to get it then.

idahogrumpy

Have you tried heating it up and then spraying a good penetrating oil on it while it is still warm? Be careful not to get it so hot where it will start a fire. I have done this to free very stubborn shackles. Get a bigger hammer!   Good luck!    Grumpy
Too much to say
Too much to do
Too tired to get it done
Too stubborn to give up
GRUMPY
Modified 73 440 Charger, 03 Intrepid SXT, 02 Neon and 2001 Ram 1500 .

73chargers4404

Thanks for the response,it did take some heat ,i found once you heat it up if dig some of the bushing out ,not only on one side but both sides and use a c clamp to help push it out ,remove the hole bushing closest to the quarter panel then just start twisting it and it will come out