News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Grill install help needed.... Pictures included thanks.....

Started by 2Gunz, April 09, 2007, 07:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2Gunz

Im getting close to installing the grill on my car.

I bought a grill spacer kit but dont have any reference on how its supposed to go together.

The previous owner just "jimi rigged it" so I didnt pay attention and just threw all that junk out.

So....

Here we go...

The parts I have...........

The to clips (the rusty parts, with green overspray)  fell out when I pulled out the grill.
I didnt see them untill that point so I have no idea what they are for.
Where do they go? Pictures would be great.

The other parts are new and I think I get the idea on them.

2Gunz

How I think the new parts go.

Am I correct?

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Recharger

Looks like you've got the spacers sorted out, here are some pics that show the location of the clips.  They are spot welded to the back edge of the lower part of the grille frame.  They're supposed to hold the forward light harness & vacuum hoses, I just don't have them routed yet in this picture.  Hope it helps.

Just 6T9 CHGR

There are 2 clips that are bolted to each side (1 on each side) of the vacuum pod assy to retain the wires....

Sorry for the bad pic
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Recharger

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on April 10, 2007, 07:53:45 AM
There are 2 clips that are bolted to each side (1 on each side) of the vacuum pod assy to retain the wires....

Sorry for the bad pic

Is that a 69 thing, or did 68's have those too?  My vacuum pods didn't have those when I took them a part, and I didn't really see any sign of them either...   ???

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T