News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Tires for my RamCharger

Started by Lowprofile, September 12, 2005, 08:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowprofile

OK Truck guys, I gotta put new rubber on the truck b4 winter hits. The truck has the stock 15x7 wheels on it. It currently has Goodyear Wrangler's on it. The tread pattern is a little too aggressive for me. I will be doing more city/hi way driving with this gashog, so I'm looking for a more "all season" tire, something that is a bit more "quiet" than the Wranglers. At highway speeds, those Goodyears are loud as hell!! Any suggestions??
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Troy

I had good luck with the Bridgestone Duelers. I think I had the "HL" tires on my other truck and, even though the ranking isn't great for snow traction, they handled Ohio winters just fine.

Here's something that may help:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=HAS

There's a whole lotta tires ranked better than the Wranglers. You can also sort by each column if you're looking for a specific feature.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Lowprofile

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

ramit

I have had bridgestone dueler A/T's on a few of my trucks and they have been great.  The traction is awesome (I live in minnesota, so the roads get pretty nasty), teadlife was about 60,000 miles for me, and they were quiet for an all terrain tire.  They are also reasonably priced.  Sorry, I do not mean to sound like a bridgestone ad.

DC_1

How about a set of theses......never have to worry about checking the air!!!!!!!!

ramit

Lowprofile

Kinda looks like a "Bling-Bling" wheel for a forklift! :icon_smile_shock:

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

Chryco Psycho

Try the Yokohama Geolandars , good traction , decent price & quiet