News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another Killing.

Started by Bob, April 16, 2007, 11:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Police: 22 Dead After Virginia Tech University Shooting
Monday, April 16, 2007

E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION
BLACKSBURG, Va. —  At least 22 are dead after a shooting at Virginia Tech University Monday morning.

Campus police said there was only one shooter and he is now dead. They are unsure if the shooter was a student.

"Today the university was struck by a tragedy we consider of monumental proportions," Virginia Tech President Charles Steger said during a press conference shortly after noon. "I cannot begin to convey my own personal sense of loss over this senseless, incomprehensible, heinous act."

At least one person was killed at West Ambler Johnston, a residence hall, but several others were injured in that shooting. At least 20 were killed at Norris Hall, an engineering building. The dead shooter puts the death toll so far at 22.

A spokeswoman at Montgomery Regional Hospital said 17 students were being treated there for gunshot wounds, and Carilion New River Valley Medical Center in Christiansburg reports that four people with gunshot wounds were being treated there. Carilion spokeswoman Sharon Honaker said one was in critical condition and three others were stable.

Shakey

6pkrunner

What part is missing from someone's brain to allow them to do such an act? Completely crosswired and the rest is fried. May they rot.

Drache

Ten seconds ago the news just listed it as 22 people dead, and 28 people injured!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Bob

You know it's the end times. Sad, so sad. So many young lives cut off.

Arthu®

:rotz: What a mess! I have never understood and probably never will what moves these people to do this... :icon_smile_angry:

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Rocky

News blurb just said there are over 30 dead.

41husk

You send your Children off to college for an education and worry about drinking and drugs, but assume they will be safe in the classroom.  Very sad!!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger1973

Quote from: 400 Big Block on April 16, 2007, 12:43:06 PM
You know it's the end times. Sad, so sad. So many young lives cut off.

:iagree:   :rotz:

Ponch ®

wait...I thought crime and murder only happened in the big city ghettos?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

chargerboy69

Now Fox News is reporting 32 people gone. What kind of freak would do such a thing.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Charger_Fan

Now if half those people had concealed carry permits, it might be a different result. :2guns:

Sensless killings like these are really getting on my nerves. :rotz:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Shakey

Quote from: Ponch ® on April 16, 2007, 01:12:29 PM

Guns & physcos are everywhere.

There is just more of them in the cities.

Charger-Bodie

in my opinion most of these people are driven by outside sources to believe they have "nothing to lose" and there is nothing worse than someone who thinks that way ...........not making excuses for the sensless crap but if things keep heading the direction they are in this country there will be alot more people with that atitude
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

John_Kunkel

Now that the Dems are in power stand by for another round of anti-gun legislation.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

TUFCAT

As a parent, I'm outraged by this is a horrible tragedy. These kids are INNOCENT. After horrific events like these, (Columbine, Mall of America and the Amish School), I wonder who could have raised a human being (like the shooter)...and why hasn't anybody taken action against the parents of these F-ing killing monsters.  The goal of this freak was to kill as many people as he could in a short period of time.  Unfortunately, there's really no way to protect people against this.... I'm sure we will find out more, like why did it take so long to get the police involved, and why couldn't the shooter be found? It was over two hours after the first shooting in the dorms,  and the second round of shootings in the classrooms.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Shakey on April 16, 2007, 02:52:43 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on April 16, 2007, 01:12:29 PM

Guns & physcos are everywhere.

There is just more of them in the cities.

good point. I happen to think its the psychos we need to worry about, not the guns.

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Ponch ®

Quote from: TUFCAT on April 16, 2007, 03:30:25 PM
. I'm sure we will find out more, like why did it take so long to get the police involved, and why couldn't the shooter be found? It was over two hours after the first shooting in the dorms,  and the second round of shootings in the classrooms.

Looks like Somebody screwed up big time. Apparently most students weren't even told about it by the school until 2 hours after the first shooting.

bull

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on April 16, 2007, 02:39:44 PM
Now if half those people had concealed carry permits, it might be a different result. :2guns:

:iagree: Exactly. If every well-adjusted, law-abiding citizen at that college had been exercising, or allowed to exercise, their 2nd Amendment rights the body count would have been around three at most.

Ponch ®

Quote from: bull on April 16, 2007, 04:05:43 PM

:iagree: Exactly. If every well-adjusted, law-abiding citizen at that college had been exercising, or allowed to exercise, their 2nd Amendment rights the body count would have been around three at most.

Not to turn this into a gun control debate, but you guys have a point. A few years ago there was a shooting at a law school (don't remember which one). The gunman killed a couple of people and intended to kill more before he was subdued by students. What wasn't very well explained in the media is that the students that subdued him ran to their cars to grab their guns as soon as it started going down and that's how they did it.

TUFCAT

Not to be an alarmist  :o :o :o, but there are several thousand people that are on the edge everyday, and incidents like this tend to make them go over the edge a bit faster :icon_smile_sad: :icon_smile_sad: :icon_smile_sad:. I think we should all be a little more aware. I remember not to long ago the shootings that were happening on the Washington D.C Beltway, then it started happening in Columbus, OH. Some of these people who are paranoid or dilusional may want to become copycats  :flame: :flame: :flame:. Very bad situation.  >:( >:( >:( Just FYI, Last Monday there was an office shooting in Troy, Michigan (Metro Detroit) and one person was killed, and others injured.... :brickwall:   

THE CHARGER PUNK

yahoo lists 33 people dead as of this morning :'(

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Ponch ® on April 16, 2007, 04:09:39 PM
Quote from: bull on April 16, 2007, 04:05:43 PM

Not to turn this into a gun control debate, but you guys have a point. A few years ago there was a shooting at a law school (don't remember which one). The gunman killed a couple of people and intended to kill more before he was subdued by students. What wasn't very well explained in the media is that the students that subdued him ran to their cars to grab their guns as soon as it started going down and that's how they did it.
That's more like it! :thumbs:

Oh & I have a good idea why it wasn't 'explained in the media'... ::)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TUFCAT

This "timeline" is the problem: Whatever happened to the SCHOOL ALARM AND PA SYSTEM!   >:( >:( >:(

7:15 am
A gunman, apparently carrying two handguns, enters West Ambler Johnston Hall, a coed dormitory that houses 895 people, and opens fire. Two people are reported killed at the scene.

9:15 am
As police investigate the first shooting, a second shooting is reported at Norris Hall, an engineering building about a half-mile away. Two law enforcement sources tell NBC News that the a gunman chained the doors shut, making it harder for students to get out -- or police outside to get in.

9:26 am
Campus police send out an e-mail warning to faculty and students stating there has been a shooting at West Amber Johnston. "Police are on the scene and are investigating," it says. "The university community is urged to be cautious."

9:50 am
Campus authorities issue a second e-mail alert, warning, "A gunman is loose on campus. Stay in buildings until further notice. Stay away from all windows."

10:15 am
Tech student Steve Hanson tells the Associated Press that he was working in a lab in Norris Hall when he heard what he thought was loud banging from construction.

10:16 am
Campus authorites issue a third e-mail alert, saying that all classes have been canceled and restating that anyone on campus should "remain where there are, lock their doors and stay away from windows. Persons off campus are asked not to come to campus."

10:52 am
Authorities send out a fourth e-mail alert stating "There has been a multiple shooting with multiple victims in Norris Hall." It states that police are seeking a "second shooter" and warns that "all people in university buildings are required to stay inside until further notice."

NOON
Faculty and staff on two sides of the campus are evacuated and told to go home immediately, the Roanoke Times reports.

TruckDriver

Yup, 33 + the gunman dead :icon_smile_dissapprove: :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P