News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another Killing.

Started by Bob, April 16, 2007, 11:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forza

What the hell is this world coming to? I cant even begin to think of any situation that taking the lives of 32 innocent lives can even be rational.

I agree with Recharger, there's no need to be blaming the police, faculty, or anyone else. The only person to blame in this case is the shooter. Theres a 2 hour span between the first shooting and 2nd, to the police it seems its a domestic shooting and theres no clear reason to close down this huge complex. By the time it was clear of how big a massacre this was it was over. I highly doubt the police took their time responding to the scene, I know none of the cops I work with would have taken their time.

My heart and prayers go out to the families that won't be the same after today.

bull

Well, you can bet that 'ol you-know-who will be foaming at the mouth tomorrow. :rotz: Probably getting her rabies booster right now.

Forza

Oh goody, I can hardly wait to hear that cow spouting her words of wisdom.

Shakey

:hah:

Quote from: bull on April 17, 2007, 01:47:27 AM
Well, you can bet that 'ol you-know-who will be foaming at the mouth tomorrow. :rotz: Probably getting her rabies booster right now.

:haha:

old man

Quote from: John_Kunkel on April 16, 2007, 03:07:11 PM

Now that the Dems are in power stand by for another round of anti-gun legislation.
There is already another bill being put through congress to put the " Assualt Weapons Ban " back into place. Of course the NBC news reported last night about the size of a clip being able to hold up to 19 rounds now in a handgun.
Last night we had training in " building search" thru the the sheriff's department. One of the types we went thru was a shooting in a school. This type of search was much more delibrate and done in a quick pace. We were drilled that in that case you must react much more agressive and try to apprehend the suspect quickly to save more lives. I won't try to second guess my fellow members of another department but I wonder if they were drilled as hard as we were last night. My heart goes out to all those who lost friends and family yesterday. I know everyone last night had this weighing on their mind as they went thru the training.
70 Challenger T/A, 66 Charger 440, 73 Duster 340,79 Little Red Express

Brock Samson

I'd like to share my thoughts on "the Media" for a moment.

One thing is that nearly everyone parrots is that the "Media" is liberal, it isn't. I've worked at a major metro daily newspaper for 25 years this past March, and I can say that "in my experience" it leans to the right far more often then it leans left. The money made is comming in from advertisements not from subscribers or from Greenpeace or the GOP and so the "Media" takes great pains not to offend it's advertisers or investigate them or delve too deeply into their more shady business practices. Neither the major advertisers, manufactures (Corporations) or the Pentagon, the Mayor or the Governor have much to fear from investigative reporters. I have seen them fired for participating in free speech (attending a peace march) taken off stories they have a personal opinion or a vested interest in for "conflict of intrest" or jailed for refusing to divulge their Annon. confidential sources.
Which is kind of like being labeled a snitch in the hood.
  It is not above pandering to the publics taste however.   If we watch her (Rosie) or listen to our favorite shock jocks but love to complain how out of step they are with our personal prejudices we need to take a step back and look at ourselves for buying into all this crap.

IMO..  :RantExplode:

69DodgeCharger

"So i just got banned from moparts for saying stuff that's no different than what's being said here."

Yeah but that's Moparts. If you we're in the "clique" of chosen members you could have gotten away with more, but you're not!

Maybe you should have tried some different topics over there like "Name my dog" or "Check out the gun I bought my daughter" or hell I don't know just go to their general section over there and check the topics of the "post whores" and you'll have an idea. Although I have to say the site has been much bettter since Mod JohnRR got canned/demoted/resigned or whatever. That guy was the worst offender of all.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

Charger_Fan

That's awesome! :rofl: :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

MichaelRW

You should post a warning before showing something like that.  ;D
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Rocky

Quote from: Shakey on April 16, 2007, 06:36:35 PM
I can't believe no one hasn't stated that he was most likely a Muslim.   :scratchchin:

Apparently he had "Ismal Ax" written in red ink on one of his forearms.

The Ax Ibrahim used to destroy the Idols when he converted to Islam. The same ax he took to sacrafice Ismail, and when he was commanded to release him, Ibrahim gave to Ismail that same Ax when he had to send him away with his mother Hagar. This was so Islam could flourish, through the exile of Ismail.

Effectively the kid marked himself with a cryptic reference to spread of islam through destruction and sacrifice.

Get ready for a shitstorm.

TUFCAT

I AGREE W/ROCKY:  "Get ready for a shitstorm" ....

VERY WIERD:o :o :o  That may explain how brutal the gunman was  >:( >:( >:(

Also let me add, everybody is with the survivoirs...hoping for their swift recoveries  :angel: :angel: :angel:

hutch

Said he was an Eng-rish major.  Maybe we should ban Eng-rish.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

TUFCAT

Quote from: hutch on April 17, 2007, 12:09:13 PM
Said he was an Eng-rish major.  Maybe we should ban Eng-rish.

He was also a "rah-shol"  :icon_smile_angry: 

Charger_Fan

And how many people from the Muslim community are going to come out & denounce this guy's actions by stating he was just a nut job & Muslim is really a religion of peace?

*crickets*

Yep, that's what I thought.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ponch ®

Quote from: Rocky on April 17, 2007, 11:39:15 AM
Quote from: Shakey on April 16, 2007, 06:36:35 PM
I can't believe no one hasn't stated that he was most likely a Muslim.   :scratchchin:

Apparently he had "Ismal Ax" written in red ink on one of his forearms.

The Ax Ibrahim used to destroy the Idols when he converted to Islam. The same ax he took to sacrafice Ismail, and when he was commanded to release him, Ibrahim gave to Ismail that same Ax when he had to send him away with his mother Hagar. This was so Islam could flourish, through the exile of Ismail.

Effectively the kid marked himself with a cryptic reference to spread of islam through destruction and sacrifice.

Get ready for a shitstorm.

we're making entirely too many assumptions. He as probably wasn't even a muslim. For all we know, the kid knew what he was gonna do and figured he'd start as much of a "shitstorm" by marking himself like that.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

PocketThunder

The paper said he went into the dorm looking for his girlfriend.   

He probably found her in bed with his roommate. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hutch

Quote from: PocketThunder on April 17, 2007, 12:42:39 PM

where are people getting he was a muslim?  I have not heard or read this yet.  All I know is he snapped because of something his Raidy did.  Maybe she and some guy went out for Robster and then went back to the dorm and got Raid.

Ponch ®

Quote from: hutch on April 17, 2007, 12:51:18 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on April 17, 2007, 12:42:39 PM

where are people getting he was a muslim?  I have not heard or read this yet.  All I know is he snapped because of something his Raidy did.  Maybe she and some guy went out for Robster and then went back to the dorm and got Raid.

it's all speculation. we hardly know the guys name, but we know he had marked himself with an Islamic symbol? Please.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

hutch

Guns dont kill people, Korean Commies that hate people with money kill people from what this looks like.  I wonder how many of his commie teachers pushed this way of thinking on him about how evil America is.

Ponch ®

Quote from: hutch on April 17, 2007, 01:05:02 PM
Guns dont kill people, Korean Commies that hate people with money kill people from what this looks like.  I wonder how many of his commie teachers pushed this way of thinking on him about how evil America is.

Ahem...he was South Korean. ::)

Arthu®

::) Oh the ignorance!

Just wait until they come up with some facts...
Striving for world domination since 1986

Drache

CCN is reporting that he was Vietnamese and not Korean and that they found two handguns, a .22 and a 9mm Glock 19!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ponch ®

Quote from: Drache on April 17, 2007, 01:59:59 PM
CCN is reporting that he was Vietnamese and not Korean and that they found two handguns, a .22 and a 9mm Glock 19!

yeah, but we can't trust you Canadians with the news.... ;D

Rocky

Quote from: Ponch ® on April 17, 2007, 01:00:11 PM
it's all speculation. we hardly know the guys name, but we know he had marked himself with an Islamic symbol? Please.

Considering that the guy blew his own face off, I'd imagine the first things they would look for are ID and any distinguishing marks.  You're right it is all speculation.  I never said the guy was Muslim.  He was an English major, he may have been making some literary reference, but either way it's still gonna be a shit storm.

BTW  If you go to The Smoking Gun website they have some sick play that he wrote for one of his classes last year.

Drache

Quote from: Ponch ® on April 17, 2007, 02:03:28 PM
Quote from: Drache on April 17, 2007, 01:59:59 PM

yeah, but we can't trust you Canadians with the news.... ;D

I meant to say CNN which isn't Canadian....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire