News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 upper door pad medallions

Started by JC, September 12, 2005, 03:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

I've been looking around the internet for these medallions and CHARGER SPECIALTIES (CS) are the only ones that  
seem to carry them.   Does anyone have any other sources??   I have NOT taken my original medallions off yet
but they look a bit different than what CS shows on their site.   Mine have an outer ring, red in color, thats broken
into 3 sections.   The inner portion looks just like what CS has.   Do these come in 2 separate pieces or is the CS
medallion missing the outer ring?

Thanks for the help
Jim

694spdRT

Last I heard Charger Specialties had to discontinue them because of Chrysler Trademark issues or something. The website still says not available but, maybe that has changed...otherwise good used ones are the only way.  
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

JimShine

Charger specialites just made the foil sticker with the Charger script in it. The assembly requires a chromed pot metal base that has the red ring on it. The sticker goes in the middle. The sticker gets scratched and stuff so their product fixed a ugly sticker or missing sticker. I believe they are still not available.

JC

I did e-mail CHARGER SPECIALTIES and "Russ" replied that they DID have them in stock again

JimShine

Thats good they can sell them again. All you will need to do is peel your old stickers off the bases and replace wth his.

8WHEELER

Yep I talked to Russ at CHARGER SPECIALTIES 2wks ago ay a mopar meet.They are selling the new
and impoved units that goes inside the chrome medalion, the new ones are made out of a much better
and stronger material than the first ones they were selling before mother mopar shut them down on
making them. They are evan selling them to year one and others as well.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

694spdRT

I wonder if DCX is getting a cut. How does the licensing process work anyway?
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

8WHEELER

They are just doing them, the only reason they got caught in the first place was because they were
in a Mopar magazine, they are not really evan advertising them and definitely not in a magazine
because of those problems.

But there web site still says this

** NOW AVAILABLE **
PART # CSDPI
1968-1971 CHARGER
UPPER DOOR PAD MEDALLION INSERTS
NO LONGER AVAILABLE "ASK DAIMLER/CHRYSLER"

Dan

69hemi

I just ordered one and they said they had a few left in stock.  She also said that they were not advertising them due to the DC police.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

8WHEELER

Correct they not really advertising them that way they can sell them, I asked them if it was
ok for me to post a picture and talk about them and they said sure DCX will not be checking
out this web site, it was a fluke almost that they caught a look at them in the mopar mag.

Dan