News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wiring?!?

Started by Heck2G14, April 21, 2007, 11:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heck2G14

Ok got the 440 back in everything appears hooked back up.  car wont turn over by key.  I can jump it at starter relay. Havent had it running yet just turned over.  Anyone got a starter relay wiring diagram ?  any suggestions appreciated

Rolling_Thunder

ballast resistor hooked up ?   distributor hook up?
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Nacho-RT74

:angel:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

mikepmcs

Neutral Safety Switch maybe?  Have you tried to turn the key and start it when you have the car in Neutral?

Man, this could actually be a number of things but i'm sure it's something simple.  Hang in there and provide as much info as you can so we can help you if you remain stuck. 

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Heck2G14

Ok, all the wires appear hooked up right on the starter relay.  Automatic transmission.  I did not hook the brown wire up that runs down to tranny.  Im really concerned mostly with the car not turning over by ignition at this point. It will turn ovr when I jump at relay though.  any ideas or is it time to go under the dash?  Its possible I suppose that something got loosened under the dash during uninstall and reinstall of the vaccum brake booster.  any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: Heck2G14 on April 22, 2007, 12:24:46 PM
Ok, all the wires appear hooked up right on the starter relay.  Automatic transmission.  I did not hook the brown wire up that runs down to tranny.  Im really concerned mostly with the car not turning over by ignition at this point. It will turn ovr when I jump at relay though.  any ideas or is it time to go under the dash?  Its possible I suppose that something got loosened under the dash during uninstall and reinstall of the vaccum brake booster.  any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks

the brown wire is your problem...       the brown wire is your neutral safety switch hook-up...      either hook it up to the switch - or ground it..     warning: if you ground the wire the car will start in any gear...     not a suggestion
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Heck2G14

Yahtzee!!!!! Thanks Rolling Thunder you were right!!  That really had me concerned bacause I have gone through that underdash wiring in the past and it was not fun.  Now on to getting it to run.  thanks again to you all for your help