News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Reproduction 71-74 Dash Pads

Started by Charger1973, April 23, 2007, 06:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger1973

Anyone used these yet?  Im curious how they look/fit.  Also wondering if they have a metal or plastic frame.  If its plastic, would it hold up to high temps without warping? 

Saw them listed a couple places, most recently at the Paddock...  Price looks good. 

Quote71-74 DODGE, PLYMOUTH B-BODY DASH PAD, BLACK
71-74 DODGE, PLYMOUTH B-BODY DASH PAD, BLACK. THIS IS A REPRODUCTION WITH CORRECT GRAIN AND COMES IN BLACK ONLY. MAY BE DYED IF YOU NEED ANOTHER COLOR. SHIPPED OVERSIZE. FITS: CHARGER, CORONET, GTX, ROADRUNNER, SATELLITE, SUPERBEE MODELS.

Product Number DP7174B

Price:$399.95
Miscellaneous Charge for OVERSIZE: $17.95

hutch

I got a dash cap for my 73 and it fits like a glove and made the dash look bran spanking new.  84 bucks from jimsautoparts.com.  Its the last thing I will ever buy from them because it took 10 phone calls, 8 weeks and tons of frustration dealing with them.  They cant get an order right to save their asses.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

BMOTOXSTAR

Man, post a pic of the dash cap. I have one and was going to buy a re-pop pad. I would rather save the $ towards other parts. What did you use to glue the cap on? :scratchchin:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Beer

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

BMOTOXSTAR

Thanks for the link on the dash cap.
How do you remove the dash pad? Looks like it is going to take hours? :scratchchin:

I can't find the link for the dash pad removal? Help. :scratchchin:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger74

I think he is talking about actually dash pads, not covers.  From what I see you may have to call them and ask about them Matt.  Also from what I hear, dash caps suck and will eventually pull off anyway.   If these are actually dash pads, then I think that may be a good deal since restoring one will cost more.  Hopefully they are good quality....

Charger1973

Quote from: Charger74 on April 24, 2007, 08:12:56 AM
I think he is talking about actually dash pads, not covers.  From what I see you may have to call them and ask about them Matt.  Also from what I hear, dash caps suck and will eventually pull off anyway.   If these are actually dash pads, then I think that may be a good deal since restoring one will cost more.  Hopefully they are good quality....

Yes, it better be a dash pad for that price.   :P

But Just Dashes quoted me $650 on restoring one so this looks alot better than that, if they are decent.  I had a Dash cap before.  I didnt fit worth a shit and always came loose.

41husk

Do you need to pull the entire dash to install the pad?  I would like to find a cap for my application.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

71chargerrtclone

Just got my new dash pad, not cover, from Paddock. It passes for an original the core is made of fiberglass. $399

NHCharger

No, you don't need to remove the entire dash to replace the pad. I replaced the one in my 71 ten years ago. You need to remove the gauge cluster and duct work under the dash. I was a rookie back then and it took me all day.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Charger1973

Quote from: 71chargerrtclone on June 10, 2007, 06:02:41 PM
Just got my new dash pad, not cover, from Paddock. It passes for an original the core is made of fiberglass. $399

Interesting.  How does it bolt on? 

73ChargerSE

Any update on these, pics, anything?