News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

if im patient, will 25k-30k get me much of a Clone?

Started by runninhorn, April 23, 2007, 09:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runninhorn

Just wondering, if im patient, for that amount of $, would i be able to get a decent clone?

70daytonaclone

not really with the current prices on this SITE!!! TOSHEA! just my opinion. i don't feel the need to help pay for someones hemi project or their house or their shop or their speed boat or vacation. :RantExplode: :D (the Devils kids made me do it)

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: runninhorn on April 23, 2007, 09:25:38 PM
Just wondering, if im patient, for that amount of $, would i be able to get a decent clone?

Only if you build it yourself.

pandamarie

If you shop around you can cut your cost for parts, But one of the parts suppliers is not making anymore parts he said after mine are all done. Im building my own though. Hopefully I will be posting pics soon of the window plug install and trunk lid mods, even though hotrod98 already posted alot of his.

hotrod98

The more pics the better. Everyone has a different way of doing things and I'm learning new stuff every day.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

Quotenot really with the current prices on this SITE!!! TOSHEA! just my opinion. i

i've saved a ton of money buying my parts from differant people on this site . i've paid about $2500 for all the parts for my Daytona replica. thats including the 70 charger fenders and hood . i figure when i'm done i will have about $10.000 into it with out paint . i will paint the car  myself in the back yard . that also does not include  the cost of the vehicle . i'm glad i jumped on the parts i needed when someone offered them for sale . sveral of those venders are not making daytona parts any more . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Old Moparz

Quote from: runninhorn on April 23, 2007, 09:25:38 PM

It might get you an unfinished project, or one that was done by cutting some corners. Not necessarily the totally wrong way to go, but correcting things that bug you, & trying to repair other problems can be expensive. I agree with the others though, you'll save a ton doing most or all of it yourself. Patience won't hurt, it's always helped me save some money.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

nakita7

Quote from: 70daytonaclone on April 23, 2007, 09:41:56 PM
i don't feel the need to help pay for someones hemi project or their house or their shop or their speed boat or vacation.

Oh come on....isn't that what true Mopar people do for each other????

hotrod98

I've noticed that several people have bought clones and resold them within a short period of time. It's possible that a lot of the clones for sale out there aren't as nice as you would think. If a guy wants a nice car to keep for a while, he should either build one himself or have someone knowledgable build one for him. That way it's built right. The added bonus is that it would feel like your very own car and not someone else's castoff. It may cost a little more, but I would bet that in the end it would bring more dollars when the day comes to sell it.
Just my 2 cents.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

nakita7

Quote from: nakita7 on April 25, 2007, 01:59:31 AM
i don't feel the need to help pay for someones hemi project or their house or their shop or their speed boat or vacation.

Saw this on an Ebay auction today:

"all the funds coming from the sale of this clone will go toward the restoration of our new "project car"."

I appreciate and don't appreciate the honesty at the same time....

dkn1997

Quote from: nakita7 on April 25, 2007, 12:57:36 PM
Quote from: nakita7 on April 25, 2007, 01:59:31 AM

Saw this on an Ebay auction today:

"all the funds coming from the sale of this clone will go toward the restoration of our new "project car"."

I appreciate and don't appreciate the honesty at the same time....

As if somene will look at the auction and say 'you know, I was not going to bid, but since it's going for his other project, I will" 

At least it's better than when they threaten to "finish it themselves"  if it does not sell. 
RECHRGED

BigBlockSam

yea it's a legit clone. i think Doug knows this guy. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

69_500

I think that about answers the question of if 25-30K will get you a clone. Appears that anything around $31K will get you that one. Yeah it has flaws, its not perfect, but then again its a clone. It was built specifically to imitate a car, but yet not be as rare or expensive as the origional. So therefore you save a few pennies/dollars here and there, and do what you can to make it look the part.

BigBlockSam

QuoteI think that about answers the question of if 25-30K will get you a clone. Appears that anything around $31K will get you that one. Yeah it has flaws, its not perfect, but then again its a clone. It was built specifically to imitate a car, but yet not be as rare or expensive as the origional. So therefore you save a few pennies/dollars here and there, and do what you can to make it look the part. 

give that man a cigar, i think he hit it rite on the head.

69_500

Hey this is a side note, but I've been wondering for a while. Is  that a 41 Plymouth?

I've always wanted to find a 38 Dodge Coupe to make into a customized ride to cruise in. But that will have to wait until after I find my first dream car, the Daytona.

BigBlockSam

howdy
it's a 39 business coupe . i dig the sleeper look . Rene