News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question about 2nd gen inner fenders

Started by Island Charger, September 13, 2005, 12:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Island Charger

I'm planning on replacing the left inner fender ( splash shield ) on my 69 Charger. I've been looking for a good used one and the only ones I can find are off road runners. I seem to remember from the old board that someone had mentioned that Plymouth inners don't fit the Dodge.  Can anybody clarify that for me or am I dreaming and should get the Plymouth inner.  Thanks.

Troy

Which part do you mean exactly? The "inner fender" will interchange between a Charger and a Roadrunner but I'm 99.99% sure that the "splash shields" won't. The inner fender is part of the unibody (where the fender tag mounts) and is spot welded on where the long rear splash shields are bolt-on items that sit behind the front tires to keep junk from flying up into the door hinge area.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Island Charger

Yes, it's the spot welded inner fender. Mine has rust around the hood hinge area as well as under the battery tray.  I couldn't see why they wouldn't inter-change. Thanks.

Troy

Many, many, many cars of that era have rust under the battery tray. If that was all it was then I'd say to just patch it but the rust around the hinge area is harder to get to. Places like Sherman's sell reproduction inner fenders but I don't know how great the quality is. There are some places that sell rust free panels from parts cars but they are pretty expensive - at least the parts fit and are correct though. Not sure how much shipping would be to B.C. either.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Island Charger

I'm going to have another look at the RR inner, on first look it was pretty good.  Shipping to the west coast of Canada is killer.  I need to find a hood and I bet when and if I find one the shipping and duty charges will be more than the hood.  :o

cudaken

Inner fenders are the same. Why not buy a new one? Easyer to work with and ill find no hidden problems.

Cuda Ken
I am back