News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture of the day! by you!

Started by ck1, April 28, 2007, 11:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Charger_Fan on June 18, 2009, 01:41:59 PM
It's a BFG! ;D

I'm guessing an .80 cal gun from an airplane of some sort. :shruggy:

You play quake?

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: bakerhillpins on June 18, 2009, 01:54:01 PM
Its some sort of dryer. I suspect a mineral or some other crushed or earthly item is passed through it and comes out with a proper moisture content.  :scratchchin:

Bryan

ya, I think that's what the missile in the background is for, mining.  They pick up the bits and pieces of the crater the missile makes,  then they shoot the minerals out of all those artilary guns and anti-aircraft guns to transport them to where the mineral dryer is located. 

Landonsrt

Its some sort of dryer. I suspect a mineral or some other crushed or earthly item is passed through it and comes out with a proper moisture content.  :scratchchin:

Bryan

Good guess! It is a Rotary type kiln that lime, cement, pulp is pushed through and baked. Its lined with brick on the inside and heated to around 1100 degrees. I work on these every day. Its a hot job!!! the one pictured is not the one I worked on. The pic was taken underneath the one I was working on that was about 100 feet longer than the kiln in the pic.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Landonsrt on June 18, 2009, 07:00:23 PM

Bryan

Good guess! It is a Rotary type kiln that lime, cement, pulp is pushed through and baked. Its lined with brick on the inside and heated to around 1100 degrees. I work on these every day. Its a hot job!!! the one pictured is not the one I worked on. The pic was taken underneath the one I was working on that was about 100 feet longer than the kiln in the pic.

IN MY FACE   :icon_smile_blackeye:          I can't believe it,  :lol:   

c00nhunterjoe

seattlechargerdog is the closest so far, its def a bfg, and it is from an airplane............. but what plane? i'll give you a hint. the us confiscated it, this one is very rare as it is from the origonal plane, here are a few mor detailed photos of it, and btw, the missile in the background is almost 30 feet long, its a german remote controlled prototype from world war 2

bakerhillpins

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on June 18, 2009, 07:04:08 PM
Quote from: Landonsrt on June 18, 2009, 07:00:23 PM

Bryan

IN MY FACE   :icon_smile_blackeye:          I can't believe it,  :lol:   

Actually, it was my mistake as I was guessing about the wrong pic....

When I originally posted the images in c00nhunterjoe's original post never showed.  :shruggy: So I assumed he was talking about the post that landonsrt made just before him.

So I guessed correctly but it was about the wrong post. It all makes more sense now that I see more pics.  :lol:

Bryan
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

bakerhillpins

Got a new puppy the other week from the SPCA. Its either a full Lab or a Lab/Newfoundland mix. Grabbed this of my daughter and Newton a day or two after we picked him up.

96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

mauve66

those are some BIG paws
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

SeattleCharger

cute dog,  I like his name too     He looks like a little old man puppy the way she is mushin his jowls a little

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: one of those Bofers from a Puff?..  :shruggy:

bakerhillpins

96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

c00nhunterjoe

cute dog, has some mix in it, hair on the face is long for a black lab, but cute nonetheless.

no more gueses on the aircraft gun????? if not i will have to give the answer and post a new pic

b5blue

The gun looks to be a Tank buster from a Stuka.

SeattleCharger

That looks like a big gun/turret to be on an airplane.  Looks more like a tank or ship gun, but if you say so. 
    Do you have a picture of the plane that that goes on?

b5blue

Ever see an A-10 Warthogs stinger?  :D Look up an AC-130 Gunship too!  :yesnod:

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on June 17, 2009, 09:56:17 PM
here is a good one for you- bonus points to whoever knows what this is  :scratchchin:

Early model Me 262?

BBD

Brock Samson

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 01, 2009, 08:12:13 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on July 01, 2009, 07:59:14 PM
:scratchchin: one of those Bofers from a Puff?..  :shruggy:

:icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question:

Bofors =

Puff or puff the magic dragon AKA "Spooky"...

or perhaps a 25 mm bushmaster?..

b5blue

An HE 177 used a 20mm also, looks like a "Tank Buster" of some sort. I had a "Spook" come in one night when I was in the Control Tower, Chief let me go down and check it out, all blacked out at 3AM sitting on the paddock, what a gunship...

SeattleCharger

So that big of a gun on an airplane would have quite a recoil, was the plane specially reinforced in the bulkhead for when it would fire?    Seems like it would be hard to line up a shot on a tank when the plane was flying if the gun was pointed out the side of the plane,  without fancy targeting computers back then.   :shruggy:

b5blue

The Stuka fired straight ahead you aim the plane. There are days I'd like one in the Charger.  :D

c00nhunterjoe

big black dodge has nailed it! its an origonal me 262 cannon. captured very early on in development, the plane is long gone but the gun still stands in pristine condition in a warehouse at work.

mauve66

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on July 03, 2009, 08:47:28 AM
So that big of a gun on an airplane would have quite a recoil, was the plane specially reinforced in the bulkhead for when it would fire?    Seems like it would be hard to line up a shot on a tank when the plane was flying if the gun was pointed out the side of the plane,  without fancy targeting computers back then.   :shruggy:

when your firing shells that big at a rate of several per second, you don't have to be an expert marksman, just pick a city block and go to town :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

b5blue

So if that's a BK 5 (50mm) cannon, it is a 1 of 4 part as only 2 Me 262's were fitted with a pair of those bad boys.....that's very rare!

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on July 03, 2009, 11:44:24 AM
big black dodge has nailed it! its an origonal me 262 cannon. captured very early on in development, the plane is long gone but the gun still stands in pristine condition in a warehouse at work.

Wow...............I guessed really. :yesnod: I could not find any pics of the real version only a model.........but the gun looked just like that on the model.

BBD

SeattleCharger

Quote from: mauve66 on July 03, 2009, 01:01:00 PM
Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on July 03, 2009, 08:47:28 AM
So that big of a gun on an airplane would have quite a recoil, was the plane specially reinforced in the bulkhead for when it would fire?    Seems like it would be hard to line up a shot on a tank when the plane was flying if the gun was pointed out the side of the plane,  without fancy targeting computers back then.   :shruggy:

when your firing shells that big at a rate of several per second, you don't have to be an expert marksman, just pick a city block and go to town :2thumbs:

so this gun fires more like a gatlin gun?    I kinda thought it was more like a gun on a tank, where they load one big shell at a time, and kaa-boom!  one big shot.    remember in transformers movie?  where they call in the plane to shoot that scorpion thing?   it shows the plane circling and we have the view from behind the gun, it shows the tracer bullets firing down at the scorpion at a fast rate, is it more like that?  that is one of my favorite scenes in that movie