News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Wing's Bigger

Started by Aero426, April 29, 2007, 10:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

My wing is bigger...

And I can tow a utility trailer too!   ;D

daytonalo

Aero426

Howie

69_500

And way better looking. Who put that ugly import car in front of a gorgeous Daytona any ways?

Figured someone would say it. :)

daytonalo

I love daytona as much as the next guy !! But to compare a F40 to an daytona is absurd , especially in gold and red !!That fer is just bad !!

62 Max

Quote from: DougSchellinger on April 29, 2007, 10:05:52 PM
My wing is bigger...

And I can tow a utility trailer too!   ;D

But is it faster. :stirthepot:

daytonalo

f-40 is 200 mph  in stock form , that red Daytona would more than likely vibrate apart or kick a rod out over 110 !!!!!!!!! Don't make me lose respect , you really believe that the double wide tow rig can out perform a F-40 ???

Shakey

Seems like old times   :rotz:

2fast4u

Need to drop the latest Viper V10 in one of those and update/mod the suspension and I bet that Daytona would give that F40 a run for it's money!!

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Aero426

Quote from: daytonalo on April 30, 2007, 07:30:34 PM
f-40 is 200 mph  in stock form , that red Daytona would more than likely vibrate apart or kick a rod out over 110 !!!!!!!!! Don't make me lose respect , you really believe that the double wide tow rig can out perform a F-40 ???

When I get around to pulling those mudflaps off, well, yes, I might have a chance.

daytonalo

Good thing , mud flaps can be an insurance risk over 110 mph !

Aero426

Now here's something you don't often see in a parking lot any more.

Mike DC

I love Daytonas as much as anybody, but a Ferarri F40 is pretty badass too.  It was basically Ferarri's version of a sawed-off track car with license plates.  The F50 that came later was rumored to actually be slower than the F40.

hemigeno

Quote from: DougSchellinger on April 30, 2007, 11:30:53 PM
Now here's something you don't often see in a parking lot any more.

My wife would like that picture more because of Kohl's...   :rotz:

That is a sight to see though!

Aero426

I had to stop in and make a return Sunday morning on the way to the car outing.  At 10 mpg you have to consolidate your trips, you know.   ;D

mustanghater

I think they are both beautiful cars
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

daytonalo

I have a few extra pick up trucks laying around , if I give you one , will you remove that ridiculous hitch ????

Troy

Quote from: daytonalo on May 01, 2007, 06:58:25 PM
I have a few extra pick up trucks laying around , if I give you one , will you remove that ridiculous hitch ????
Why exactly would someone remove a piece of history? To satisfy the critics? I'd leave it on specifically so I could say "My *real* Daytona has a trailer hitch and a custom 70s paint job. Where's yours? That's what I thought." Jim (3--Daytona) kept the snow tires on his because that's the way it was when the owner parked it in 1976(1977?) and his is a true survivor. It's much cooler for most people to see cars "as they were" than it is to see yet another concourse resto or to have a car so perfect (and expensive) that it's hidden in a climate controlled warehouse. All of these cars have a story to tell and that's what makes them better than a new car straight off the lot.

Besides, hitches are handy when you want to back into the fiberglass nose of some obnoxious clone owner's car... :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

daytonalo

69_500

Ouchy,

Well said Troy.

I wouldn't take that F40 if you gave it to me. Now the Daytona that Doug has, that is another story. I'd love to have that car. :) I remember that car from when I was younger.

daytonalo

I cant wait to meet everyone in person and give out free hugs !!!!!!!!!!!!

Aero426

Quote from: daytonalo on May 01, 2007, 06:58:25 PM

As much as you like the hitch, I'm sure you'll enjoy the DAYTONA lettering that was done with a cardboard paint stencil.    :yesnod:

The hitch is a great conversation piece whether the reaction is "WTF?", or "Wow, that's cool".    I did take the chrome plated shackles off though.

daytonalo

Someone over here thought they were home depot mailbox letters , thanks for setting the record straight .

Aero426

Quote from: daytonalo on May 01, 2007, 09:45:56 PM
Someone over here thought they were home depot mailbox letters , thanks for setting the record straight .

Get your facts straight.  Home Depot wasn't founded until 1978.   These letters are older, possibly from Handy Dan's.