News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hemi 500

Started by moparchris, May 04, 2007, 01:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparchris

Hi.  I am new to this site, but I read some posts from Learical 1 concerning a hemi 500 that he and his brother used to own in the early 80.  I now own the 500 and it is still in the Phoenix area.  It was interesting to see some of the old pictures from the Lears showing the 500 and some of their old Superbirds. I remember going to their house when I was about 15 and seeing the 'birds in the yard.  I am looking forward to communicating with some of youold aer guys.  I have been involved with Mopars since the late 70s in the Phoenix area.

69bronzeT5

VERY nice 500 and welcome to the site :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Ghoste

Very nice to see the car.  Oh, and that poster on the wall of the three cars (Petty, Baker, and Pearson) on the highbank, we have the exact same poster on the wall in our shop.  My buddy bought it a long long time ago and it hung in his bedroom for years but it has been in the shop now for the last 15.  ;D
Welcome to the sight.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Welcome Chris!  (great name by the way ;) )

Car looks to be in amazing shape.  Register her when you can.

www.1969chargerregistry.com

Chris
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

learical1

****Breaks out "KICK ME" sign, attaches to back, hangs head in shame**** :rotz:
Bruce

moparchris

I know what you mean Bruce.  If I had a dollar for all the cool cars that my brother and I sold I'd be rich enough to buy one or two of them back! :-\  Do you ever go to any of the Mopar shows in town?

Ghoste

I don't know about kicked but as a guy who has always wanted a 69 500 but never been able to work it into my life, I have to say you should at least...
Nahhhh, you should be kicked.  ;)

69bronzeT5

Hey moparchris, I see 2 other cars beside your 500 and one looks like another Charger
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

learical1

I probably should go to a show, but haven't been to anything other than the Saturday evening show on 83rd Ave at the Safeway.  And then only twice.  All 3 of the boys like to tag along, particularly the 17 year old.  But life with a wife and 4 kids doesn't often leave weekends open (or cash in the wallet!)
Bruce

hemi68charger

Sweet !!!!!! Love it... Doggies, Hemi and foo-speed........ 

Troy

T7 440 4-speed C500 owner.....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

CharlieCharger

I like that green and the dogdish`s Nice 500. :yesnod:
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

PocketThunder

Welcome C500 brotha... :coolgleamA:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

THE CHARGER PUNK

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 04, 2007, 05:59:16 PM
Hey moparchris, I see 2 other cars beside your 500 and one looks like another Charger

looks more like a 69 coronet or superbee :yesnod:

69_500

Thats a great looking C500 you have there.

Would love to add it to the database I have of known 500's. Up to 239 Charger 500's currently that are known.

moparchris

Thanks for the comments guys. :yesnod:  Yeah there are more mopars stuffed in the garage.  The car behind the 500 is a purple 70 440 6 pack Super Bee, 4 speed.  On the other side of the gargae is a 68 4 speed Hemi Charger that is about 85% done.  But working two jobs to support the cars is getting old and starting to break my spherical units!  Let me know how to register the 500 in the database.

71gtx

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparchris on May 05, 2007, 10:30:00 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. :yesnod:  Yeah there are more mopars stuffed in the garage.  The car behind the 500 is a purple 70 440 6 pack Super Bee, 4 speed.  On the other side of the gargae is a 68 4 speed Hemi Charger that is about 85% done.  But working two jobs to support the cars is getting old and starting to break my spherical units!  Let me know how to register the 500 in the database.

Wow,, how similar are we !!!!  hahaha

I have a '70 v-code B-body, Charger R/T that will be converted to a 4-speed.......
         a '68 Hemi Charger R/T
      & a '69 Charger 500

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

moparchris

Troy,
Obviously you are a man of style and sophistication.  Or you watched Bullitt and Dirty Mary ,Crazy Larry endlessly when you were 14 years old like I did!!
Your 500 is a beautiful car.  I have the Mopar book that has the pictures of your car in it.  Very cool brotha.

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparchris on May 06, 2007, 10:51:03 PM
Troy,
Obviously you are a man of style and sophistication.  Or you watched Bullitt and Dirty Mary ,Crazy Larry endlessly when you were 14 years old like I did!!
Your 500 is a beautiful car.  I have the Mopar book that has the pictures of your car in it.  Very cool brotha.

Oh yeah... My initial viewing of Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry was in my Dad's '69 Charger Daytona when I was about 6 or 7....  What Mopar Book are you talking about? Maybe it's the T5 Copper one that looks like mine from a distance... Does it have a white 500 stripe?

The '70's still a project, but it's my second white '70 six pack Charger I've owned........

Troy
Troy

69_500

I think he would be refering to the other bronze 500, 4 speed car that is in Texas. Or it could always be a book I haven't seen with a 500 in it.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on May 07, 2007, 05:11:40 PM
I think he would be refering to the other bronze 500, 4 speed car that is in Texas. Or it could always be a book I haven't seen with a 500 in it.

If it's the one in Texarkana, has steelies, white stripe and 4-speed, it's a T5 copper version..  People get his car and mine confused all the time....

Troy
Troy

moparchris

I guess I am referring to someone else's car.  It is in the large Mopar coffee table type book that was compiled by Robert Genant I think.  There is a chapter in the book dealing with the aero cars and there are a couple of pictures of a t5 bronze 500 with dog bowls and I believe Texas licence plates.  I guess I put 2 and 2 together but came up with the wrong conclusion.  Sorry.

69_500

Which out of curiousity would be the gentleman who is always with Denny Guest  at all of the shows up here in the midwest right? Also has a Tor Red Superbird?
Or am I getting him confused with another owner of a T5 4 speed 500 from Texas.

Charger_Fan

Welcome aboard, Moparchris. :wave:

Is your 500 unrestored? Other than maybe the paint & seat covers, it seems to be from here. :scope:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)