News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2nd Gen manual LH mirror

Started by 0X01B8, May 04, 2007, 09:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0X01B8

So I was wondering how many others don't have RH mirrors like me (68 RT) and I found this thread:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7261.0.html

Now I realize that I'm not supposed to have a remote LH mirror either!  Long time ago when I installed the Year One mirror the hole for the screw on the body didn't line up.  So all this time there's been no screw there because I didn't want to drill a hole for it.  It has always kinda bugged me.

The thread mentions a '6' under the upper case 'P' on the fender tag means a manual LH, and that's what I've got on my tag.  It also says it could be feature 426, rear speaker package, and I've got that option too, so go figure.

My car had no interior to speak of when I bought it, and what I've got now came from a donor car which didn't have the plug in the door pad for the remote, so I had no way to know.

Anyway, I guess my point is the mounting holes for the mirrors (at least LH) are different for manual and remote, or so it would seem. So if your nice, new Year One mirror doesn't seem to fit just right then you may have a LH manual car.  I haven't decided if I'll put the correct one on there yet.

HITMAN 149

not that this will offer you any help in your mounting holes space questions or anything....but, i only have 1 mirror on my 68 (driver side remote) as most probably do, but i plan on putting the matching pass side mirror on , when i get to that point in the body work. i think they look nicer w/ 2 mirrors & also being able to see on the pass side i think helps!!! LOL funny when the few times i drove my r/t to the garage or out of my driveway...it was weird not having a pass side mirror to look at while backing out!!! i guess i'm...as well as alot of other guys are prob used to having a pass side mirror on their newer / daily drivers!!! NOS pass side mirror are hard to find & expen$ive when you do.
since my body & paint will be all new...i'll prob just get a re-pop set from pg classics ($245/set!!!)  or somewhere else. why put all that time & money into nice paint & body work....and have crappy chrome trim on it!!! yuk!!!!! LOL
:devil:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

0X01B8

Uhh...never-mind.  I was just out to my folks where I garage the car (I'm a city dweller) and the hole does line up.  Now I remember exactly the problem, which is the supplied screw was too short or something.  It's been 15 years since we built the car and obviously my memory was all jacked.  Sorry!

Corellian Corvette

Would it be possisble for you to take some pictures of where the mounting holes are prior to putting the mirror on? I need to re-drill holes for the mirror since mine were all screwed up so we just filled in all the holes before painting the door.

Thanks!!