News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interior Assembly - '69 Charger

Started by Shakey, May 07, 2007, 08:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

Quote from: rare69 on January 29, 2008, 03:18:59 AM
as always, great stuff shakey, and just when i needed it most you help me out with some awesome pictures and very thorough directions. thanks a bunch. you've done almost as much for my restoration as i have and you haven't even seen my car. i owe you one. :cheers:

Oh I don't know - I'd say we're even as if it weren't for you, I'd still be looking for the shifter bushings.  Thanks again for sending those to me and not asking for anything in return.  If you have questions, let me know if I can help.  I'd never consider myself an expert on restorations as this is my first but I'd be glad to share my experiences.

As far as installing the door glass assemblies, I see that Bill has posted a helpful "how to" with a lot of great pointers.  Although my glass is ready to go in, I have yet to do it. 

Here is a link to his thread on how to install the door glasses:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,39415.0.html 

Shakey

Now that the shifter is fresh in my mind I realize that I never got around to posting any details on that.  Pretty straightforward, take everything apart, clean and paint where neccessary and order new items where needed.  I got all new bushings to keep it from being sloppy and I also ordered a new chrome shifter and woodgrain knob from P & G Classics.

tan top

doing some nice work there as always Shakey ..... :2thumbs:  love the pictures  , better than the FSM    :yesnod: :popcrn: ...........
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

resq302

Quote from: tan top on January 29, 2008, 09:10:52 AM
doing some nice work there as always Shakey ..... :2thumbs:  love the pictures  , better than the FSM    :yesnod: :popcrn: ...........

:iagree:  Mike should put out his own "factory" service manual in color WITH PICTURES!  Only thing is you will have to change the colors to reflect a white top with red paint and a black and white interior. :nana:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

69 OUR/TEA

Real nice work Shakey!!!! Coming along real nice!!!! :2thumbs:

Shakey

Well thanks again fellas - nic to know my efforts are appreciated.

I'll add more once I get back to see the car in the coming weeks.   :cheers:

bill440rt

Hey Shakey.....  WOW!!!!  :drool5:  :drool5:  :drool5:  :2thumbs:

TERRIFIC thread & pictures! It all looked so.... familiar...  :coolgleamA:

Really some great info there. Really great to see you making some progress, keep it coming!

Bill
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Shakey

Quote from: bill440rt on February 05, 2008, 10:38:13 PM
Hey Shakey.....  WOW!!!!  :drool5:  :drool5:  :drool5:  :2thumbs:

TERRIFIC thread & pictures! It all looked so.... familiar...  :coolgleamA:

Really some great info there. Really great to see you making some progress, keep it coming!

Bill

Thanks Bill  :wave:

I'll keep adding contributions to this site as long as you do as well!   :2thumbs:

I enjoy reading your "how to's" also.   :yesnod:

six-tee-nine

Looks niece Shakey. And many thanks on the info, it helps alot.

But I have a question for you concerning the pressing of the posts.

Since you thougt it over quite well i'd better ask you.... When you woun't have had a press (like me) what would you have come up with then? I don't think hammering them is an option?
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

daytonalo

I take it you are going to install door glass and vent assembly as one unit into door ?

Larry

Shakey

Quote from: six-tee-nine on February 14, 2008, 02:40:55 PM
Looks niece Shakey. And many thanks on the info, it helps alot.

But I have a question for you concerning the pressing of the posts.

Since you thougt it over quite well i'd better ask you.... When you woun't have had a press (like me) what would you have come up with then? I don't think hammering them is an option?

I realize how forunate I am to have access to all of these tools.  The option, should you not have a press like that laying around, would be to take an old chisel and round the end down so it's not so sharp.  You then can peen the post down, gently but firmly using the rounded blunt chisel to force the post over the frame.

I learned a lot from TX9 over at the 1970 Charger Registry.  He did a "How To" on the vent window frame which I used as a guide.  You can see what he taught me here:

http://1970chargerregistry.com/70messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=1551

You can also look for tips in Bill's "How To" here:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,38431.0/all.html

Corellian Corvette

Shakey - can you talk to me about your speaker install? Did you get those pre-made, or did you make them yourself? Tips? Did you use the stock bracket? I need to do this myself. Thanks!

Shakey

Quote from: Corellian Corvette on May 06, 2008, 02:05:24 AM
Shakey - can you talk to me about your speaker install? Did you get those pre-made, or did you make them yourself? Tips? Did you use the stock bracket? I need to do this myself. Thanks!

I ordered the dual 4x10 speaker from Greg at S/M Electro-Tech in MN.  http://www.turnswitch.com/ 

I had them rebuild/restore my AM thumbwheel radio and convert it to AM/FM as well as add a port to plug in my mp3 player.  The reason I went with the dual speaker was that the radio will now have four channels and if I had a single speaker up front I'd have to ad some sort of adapter to let the radio know there were only three channels.  I think the speaker was less than $100.00 USD - well worth it in my eyes.

To install the speaker, it simply bolts into place of the original without using the original bracket.

Shakey

Corellian Corvette

Thanks Shakey!! Ordered the speaker today. I'm still debating a rebuild on my radio vs. just hacking a repro bezel and putting a newer stereo in...

HeavyFuel

Once again you come through with great intel for the rest of us mere mortals.  You are my hero. :icon_smile_big:  And your sig. other is too.  That kind of work takes time!

Jesco

Is the bracket they (speakers) are assembled in the one who comes from the dealer? Thinking to run the same setup. Do anyone know if the speakers they use, is hard to find, thinking of the size, especially the deep?
1964 Dodge 330 Super Stock Clon
1969 Dodge Charger R/T

Shakey

Quote from: HeavyFuel on May 21, 2008, 04:11:37 PM
Once again you come through with great intel for the rest of us mere mortals.  You are my hero. :icon_smile_big:  And your sig. other is too.  That kind of work takes time!

Thanks and yes, my Wife is wonderful to me.   :2thumbs:

Shakey

Quote from: Jesco on May 22, 2008, 10:47:21 AM
Is the bracket they (speakers) are assembled in the one who comes from the dealer? Thinking to run the same setup. Do anyone know if the speakers they use, is hard to find, thinking of the size, especially the deep?

The bracket came from Turnswitch, who provided the speakers.  The factory bracket is not used.

For, $80.00 - just buy it from them and save yourself the hassle of finding the speakers and making a metal bracket.  Details are in this thread.

Jesco

I have emailed Greg about ordering these speakers (with bracket). I just have a thought... Your car has no A/C, my 69 has. Do you guys think there will be any diffrent to mount it in a A/C car? Vacuum hoses and things...

Turnswitch only have experience of mount them in non a/c cars...
1964 Dodge 330 Super Stock Clon
1969 Dodge Charger R/T

gasoline_24

I have a 1968 and mine did not have the anti rattle piece or the plastic piece in the rear window channel.  Are these improvements for the 1969 model year or are mine just missing?  I don't think the anti rattle was on the 68 as the mounting location for the spring was not on mine either.   Any help would be appreciated.

Shakey

Just re-visited this thread....

Sorry I have no answers for the last two posts.

:bump:   :wave:

Corellian Corvette

I have a 68 with AC and I can confirm the speaker fits fine. Also, my 68 did not have the anti-rattle.

Hemidog

Quote from: Corellian Corvette on December 13, 2008, 01:11:42 PM
I have a 68 with AC and I can confirm the speaker fits fine. Also, my 68 did not have the anti-rattle.
:iagree: ditto on the 68 with ac and the new speaker, no problems!

Finn

Sorry for bring back an old topic but I just wanted to say thank you for posting all this. I'm putting my windows back together today and this is a tremendous help. :cheers:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L