News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interior Assembly - '69 Charger

Started by Shakey, May 07, 2007, 08:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: Finn on July 31, 2009, 04:14:58 PM
Sorry for bring back an old topic but I just wanted to say thank you for posting all this. I'm putting my windows back together today and this is a tremendous help. :cheers:

:iagree: Also some members has the skill of explaning what they are doing. :2thumbs:

Per

Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Belgium R/T -68

Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Shakey

Finn & Per - glad I was able to help you and some others. 

Sorry for the delay in the project but lots of other projects on at home (swing set, play structure, concrete patio, wooden sun deck -  :eek2: )

I'll go through some of the messages in my In-Box and make some space.

Charger440RDN

I just wanted to say what an awsome thread this is!! I plan to use this when I restore my own interior!!  :2thumbs:

CDN72SE

Quote from: Shakey on July 25, 2007, 09:50:16 AM
When I reinstalled them I used a clear rubber hose around the linkages to keep the rattling to a minimum.  I used a lubricant inside the hoses to ensure they do not bind up.  I cleaned all of the linkage clips with the wire wheel.  I had my door handles re-chromed and they turned out very nice.

Hi there Shakey, just going through your threads as I am getting tips for my own resto, excellent work. I'm also in Ontario and was wondering if you had your handles re-chromed by a Canadian outfit or did you send them to the US? Thanks Alan.
1972 Charger SE

Shakey

Quote from: CDN72SE on January 19, 2010, 01:42:24 PM
Quote from: Shakey on July 25, 2007, 09:50:16 AM
When I reinstalled them I used a clear rubber hose around the linkages to keep the rattling to a minimum.  I used a lubricant inside the hoses to ensure they do not bind up.  I cleaned all of the linkage clips with the wire wheel.  I had my door handles re-chromed and they turned out very nice.

Hi there Shakey, just going through your threads as I am getting tips for my own resto, excellent work. I'm also in Ontario and was wondering if you had your handles re-chromed by a Canadian outfit or did you send them to the US? Thanks Alan.

Geez - sorry for the late reply Alan.  I haven't been on much and I just saw this thread referenced in another and thought I'd click on it to get reacquainted with my old car that I never get to work on.

To answer your question, I had the chrome done in Cambridge, ON - Cambridge Custom Chrome is the name - I think.

CDN72SE

Thanks Mike, I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I am familiar with them, previously I had a gentleman in the Mississauga/Toronto area do some chrome work for me with excellent results but he's no longer around.

Once again, excellent work.  :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE

dodgedarren

Yes, I also put my dash in completely assembled. I could not even imagine trying to bolting the dash pad on while the dash fame was installed. It was already a pain in the butt while out of the car

PtitRaisin

I bring back this post, but tanks Shakey.
You don't realize how much you helped me !
Quentin

Ghoste

Actually Shakey hasn't been on here in a couple of years, any of you Toronto area guys know how he has been?

DC_1

Quote from: Ghoste on August 11, 2014, 09:26:33 AM
Actually Shakey hasn't been on here in a couple of years, any of you Toronto area guys know how he has been?

There seems to be a "where is Shakey" thread every once in a while.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,99764.0.html#lastPost

twodko

The same with SFRT. I hope you guys are OK.......prolly just caught up in the tangle of life.   :shruggy:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ghoste

DC_1

I check threads and posts on here daily sometimes.....then life gets busy and I disappear for a month or 2 at a time. Things can make you put your hobbies aside for a little while.

But I always eventually come back!! :icon_smile_big:

Shakey

Overdue for an update... :rotz:

Got the rear seat recovered!  :yesnod:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ghoste

Wow Shakey I thought you gave up on us.  Nice to have you back and the seats are looking fine.

PtitRaisin

Quentin

Back N Black

Shakey

Nice to be back fellas!   :cheers:

Pardon my long absence but really had no updates to offer until recently.

Thinks are moving along as the interior is almost finished.

I know we all enjoy photos so here are a few more for you.   :yesnod:

Hope everyone's projects are also moving forward.

All the best!

redmist

Have you put the carpet on the console sides yet?? Does it just glue in place with the top sides lined up with the trim holes??

I assume the sides just sorta hang down??
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

krigel

Which manufacturer's seat covers and foams did you use?

Shakey

Quote from: redmist on September 16, 2014, 10:16:52 PM
Have you put the carpet on the console sides yet?? Does it just glue in place with the top sides lined up with the trim holes??

I assume the sides just sorta hang down??

Well, got it on the passenger side but I am missing the LT side SS trim for the console (have to find one of those) so I'll take care of that later.

As far as the install - correct & correct!