News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any New Zealand Charger owners?.....>>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, April 29, 2007, 06:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny SixPack

Hey there, guys. I'm currently in New Zealand (Auckland to be exact) and will be for the next 9 weeks, so I just thought I'd check and see if there were any fellow Charger owners here in the land of the Kiwi.

So far I've seen a "66 Mustang, a pre-"68 GTO and what looked like a "70 Camaro. Cool seeing American muscle so far from home. :2thumbs:

Hope everyone is having a great lead up to summer, as I now prep for winter, again. :D

Man, I miss my Chargers! :'( :icon_smile_big:

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

charger Downunder

Come over to sydney Australia, your welcome,
Cheers Steve
[/quote]

Johnny SixPack

I'd love to make it to Oz, but not sure of the funding yet.  :icon_smile_big:

I'll check on the prices though, and thanks for the invite! :2thumbs:

Cheers! :cheers:
Johnny's Herd:

NZ68RT

I got a 68 R/T in Hawkes Bay, about a 5 hour drive from Auckland. There are a few Chargers kicking around in NZ as well as the odd Daytona...

Steve
- 1968 Dodge Charger 440 R/T
- 1972 VH Valiant Charger ( Australian ) 360 4 speed
- 1967 Plymouth Barracuda Hardtop 273 auto

C500

Hey Johnny, I also have a 68 and am here in Taupo, 3 hours drive south of Auckland. What cities are you visiting over here? feel free to drop in down here. There are 2 68's here, and a 69 was sold recently that went north.

Check out the NZ mopar registry. Its still pretty new: http://www.nzmoparregistry.co.nz/

Hi too Steve :callme:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Johnny SixPack

Woo-hoo!

The plan is to rent a car sometime in the next couple weeks, so I'll have to see if I can't meet up with you guys.

Johnny's Herd:

Johnny SixPack

Just wanted to say that I had a great time meeting up with Mike this past Sunday (Saturday for you on the other side of the dateline)! :cheers:

A great guy and a wealth of information on 3rd gens.  :yesnod:

When he offered to let me drive, I was honored, and of course jumped at the chance to drive on the road side of the road legally. :D

I thought my Chargers got plenty of looks and double takes in the USA, but it's nothing compared to the attention his bright green machine garnered while out amongst the public.

We even seemed to have picked the perfect time, because we saw a "70 Chevelle, a late "60s Mustang coupe, a mid "60s Ford Falcon, two early "50s Ford pick-ups and quite a few finned cars out at the same time.

Many thanks to Mike for being a gracious host and opening my eyes to 3rd gens.

Now I want one too. :icon_smile_cool:

Kiwi68, any chance you'll be free this Sunday?

NZ68RT, I'm planning on a trip to the Wellington area soon, so as the plans are finalized I will be in touch.
Johnny's Herd:

mikesbbody

you are most welcome johnny! we had a go day and hopefully we can see more chargers once we leave auckland. If anyone else makes it over here be sure to look me up. btw, the attention we got that day was pretty normal (sometimes more but never usually less  ;D)

C500

Hey Johnny,

Just got home with a new baby, 1 day old now.  :boogie:

No plans for Sunday. Will you be in Taupo? Give me a call if you are, I will get hold of Lance (silver 68) too, although his car has not been road certified yet. I better get off my ass and get some carpet in the car!

kiwi

phone 021 062 0209
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Johnny SixPack

Congrats, man! :cheers:

I've been talkin' with Mike about hiring a car and headin' down there together.

One hitch is that I totally forgot that I'd purchased tickets for a cruise the Auckland Maritime Museum is sponsoring this Sunday.

Also, since you've got a new baby at home, you'll probably have Mother's Day on the burner.  :icon_smile_big:

How does the Sunday after this one sound?

Either way, I'll be in contact. :2thumbs:

Cheers!
Johnny's Herd:

C500

cheers Johnny :cheers: she's our first one.

The week after suits me too, didn't even know mothers day was so close. Would've been right in the poo if I forgot that one.

Let me know and I'll have the beers on ice.

Johnny SixPack

No worries, man! :2thumbs:

Just tryin' to keep you in the wife's good graces for when Mike and I show up.  :icon_smile_big:

I'm gonna give you a ring tonight, but thought it'd be prudent to see what was the best time.

Lemme know, and we'll get some details on the table.

Johnny's Herd:

C500

any time before 10pm, just PM'd you with my home number too

cheers