News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picked up the Daytona wing braces from the fab shop.

Started by hotrod98, September 14, 2005, 11:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thallium

I just wanted to say that I got my braces earlier this week. They are well made! Thanks Larry, I really appreciate it. You too Rene for supplying them.

BigBlockSam

thanks thallium
  now who's gonna start reproducing complete working nose cone. i'll take one pleae.   :callme:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Daytona Guy

WOW, I got my bracing today. They are fantastic.  Larry you are amazing. I feel bad - You send me a nice part and I send you an unfinished wing.

472 R/T SE

NIce work Larry!  Thanks.

Now all I need is a jack, and another jack, a spare, tailight cover...and then the trunk's done.  A bottle would be cool.   :stirthepot:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Wish I could take all of the credit, but all I did was weld the inserts in, weld up the corners, epoxied and painted them. The fab shop did the hard part. Was kid of fun to do as far as work goes. I'm not afraid of work...I'll lay down right beside it. :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

PocketThunder

Quote from: BigBlockSam on October 01, 2005, 02:32:15 PM
thanks thallium
  now who's gonna start reproducing complete working nose cone. i'll take one pleae.     :callme:

I'm working on it.  :icon_smile_big:   if Mike Leeds can build this car from scratch then why cant we build a simple nose cone?  I'm determined to try it.  Now where's all my free time. :-\

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hotrod98

I'm like you. The trick is having a nice one to go by to begin with. I've tried shaping sheet metal though and it's nowhere near as easy as some people make it look.
Gene Gregory (the shaker hood guy) is planning to make steel noses. At least he seemed serious enough when he said it at Topeka last weekend. I asked him what kind of price and he said without hesitation, $10,000 as a bare shell. I can get one built for $7000 right now, but I won't. A steel nose would be for someone with a real wing car that's trying to restore it in my opinion.
On a different note, Mike at Dayclona told me a few weeks ago that he would be building more fg noses in May, 06. He also mentioned that he's working on a bird nose to be produced later.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

PocketThunder

I know two guys with Daytonas within 15 miles of my house.  I've talked to them at shows and got to know them.  And my friend has an uncle with a low mileage Daytona that he bought new and never drives, maybe he would let me take some measurements with a cloth tape sometime... 

But for now i'll keep trying to get my 68 on the road for next summer.  then the 500, then the Daytona Clone.... :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."