News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So anyone ever use a Penske Air/fuel meter?

Started by 253862656971, May 13, 2007, 08:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I picked up a Penske Air/fuel meter a few years back in a pile of junk at an auction.  I was trying to make it work this afternoon and I can't figure it out.  There are 2 major pieces.  One is the guage end.  This piece works.  There are 3 positions.  Off, Set, and On.  Set is a calibration thing and I can do that.  The other piece is the "tester"  This looks like it consists of a heat disapation element and some kind of aluminum piece that presumably gets an electrical charge based on the exhaust going through. 

The problem is when I shove the thing up the tailpipe (car running of course) and switch the meter to ON I get nothing.  Does anyone know of any magic tricks with this particular system?

Assuming the thing is junk (which I think it is at this point) can I get an Air/fuel meter from someplace on the cheap?
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.