News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Convertng a 68 Charger into a 69 Charger

Started by RoscoePColtrain, May 22, 2007, 11:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

Yeah, that's LEE#3 from the first season. 
That's a pretty famous LEE, actually.  It was a factory-tan interior 383/auto '69 that survived from the pilot episode all the way to season#2. 

The reason that car has a '68 fender on the RF corner is because of a stunt in the second episode of Season#1.  It's the same GL that rammed its way through the Atlanta police car (right after Luke does his famous hood-slide from the show's opening credits).  It got the '68 fender during repairs after the hit.

LEE#3 was basically their first "closeup car."  It was in a lot of the early publicity photos for the TV series.  It was the car that was missing the "01" from its doors in some of the Daisy posing shots, and also in the pics where Bo & Luke were wearing Cowboy hats.

warriorbass05

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 29, 2007, 12:21:09 AM

Yeah, that's LEE#3 from the first season. 
That's a pretty famous LEE, actually.  It was a factory-tan interior 383/auto '69 that survived from the pilot episode all the way to season#2. 

The reason that car has a '68 fender on the RF corner is because of a stunt in the second episode of Season#1.  It's the same GL that rammed its way through the Atlanta police car (right after Luke does his famous hood-slide from the show's opening credits).  It got the '68 fender during repairs after the hit.

LEE#3 was basically their first "closeup car."  It was in a lot of the early publicity photos for the TV series.  It was the car that was missing the "01" from its doors in some of the Daisy posing shots, and also in the pics where Bo & Luke were wearing Cowboy hats.

yeah, that's a pretty cool car. I was told that they somehow could not get that one to die....

Any info on the 68 car from the Dukes Meet Cale yarborough?