News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is it possible to fix this?

Started by jackel440, May 28, 2007, 08:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackel440

I wasn't sure were to put this ,but i am looking at buying another dually for the farm and a buddy has a 98 24 valve cummins for sale.T he problem is his brother blew the carrier bearing out of the rear, thats no problem.The problem is the yoke wore the fuel tank thin by rubbing on it and the the tank got real week and cracked about 3" well more like a rip.I know it is some kind of poly material.I know it can be welded with a plastic welder outfit ,but i don't have one and they are about 300$ a new tank runs that much.I haven't called any salvage yards yet either,but i thought it would be nice if i could fix the one thats in it if i could.
I am not sure if epoxy would hold or not.Does anyone know what would work?on the cheap anyways. :shruggy:
the rip starts at the bottom of the tank at the radius and then goes striaght up the side.