News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lee Sicilio breaks speed record in a clone daytona

Started by wingcars6970, September 16, 2005, 05:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

yea my eyes have been bothering me alot lately. i'm on 3 differant eye drops 9 times a day and pills. but me and VO managed to dance together last sat.  very nice. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Ghoste

I'm enjoying a little shot of Wild Turkey "Rare Breed" right now as a matter of fact.  ;D

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ghoste on September 16, 2005, 02:21:10 PM
I'm enjoying a little shot of Wild Turkey "Rare Breed" right now as a matter of fact.   ;D

dammit!  i dont get home for another 2 hours!!  :drool5:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 16, 2005, 02:24:42 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on September 16, 2005, 02:21:10 PM
I'm enjoying a little shot of Wild Turkey "Rare Breed" right now as a matter of fact.   ;D

dammit!   i dont get home for another 2 hours!!   :drool5:

You should save a few of those airplane bottles & hide them in your desk.  :icon_smile_big:

Hey Ghoste, Rare Breed is good too, but have you tried Russle's Reserve?
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Ghoste

Haven't heard of it.  Bourbon is not so easy to find in Canada.  I'll be in the US next weekend so I'll watch for it.

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

cudaken

Hell I was worried about being a drunk. Only Beer for me. Blew chucks from Old Grand Dad's Wiskey down my ELDO's door. Made the paint lift. I was done with the hard shit after that.

Hay, wake up! What did Lee run MPH?

Belch, Dam Drunks, Belch :cheers:

Belch Ken
I am back

BigBlockSam

i use to luv beer. now it just makes me tired. whiskey gets my pilot light,  lit  :punkrocka:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 16, 2005, 12:50:34 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on September 16, 2005, 11:07:56 AM
Ah, connosourie's!  Check out www.straightbourbon.com

awe hell ya!  thanks for the link.  i had a date with Makers Mark last night...

And??
How'd it go...get lucky or pass out? :smilielol:

Man, Maker's Mark sure is sounding better than Bud right now. :drool5:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ghoste

Hey Ken, we all thought it was a post about the record run in the beginning but since it wasn't, it's just a free for all now.  Enjoy.

Daytona Guy

With the wing being reinforced with steel does not discount the record or it’s strength. Ted, I believe, could reinforce any wing he sells. Cobra Boats of Vancouver, OR, back in the 80's made Daytona and Bird wings out of glass and I was very impressed with them. I even stood on one to see if it was strong. What cracks me up about all of this debate - is that   no one has any proof. I have yet to hear of a wing made by Ted track. Yet I have heard and seen the rear window plugs separate. I have a suggestion... Until someone can show a fiberglass wing from Ted that has cracked or failed, and until then, why not let people enjoy what they have, and buy what they want. I like my aluminum wings. (I am in the process of making an aluminum wing for 3rd Gen Chargers - It will be glass to start with then aluminum) Why can't we be for something (Aluminum) and not have to be against something else.   

BigBlockSam

last time i drank Wild Turkey, i was 21 yrs old in a punk band, playing a frat party at rutgers collage.   thats about all i rember about that nite.

:cheers:

911bear

1974 DODGE CHARGER SE BROUGHAM - CURRENTLY
CARS I HAVE OWNED :
4 - 1969 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH GRAN FURY W/ COVER UP HEADLIGHTS 2 DOOR
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER
2 - 1973 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - CHRYSLER CORDOBA
1 - 1984 DODGE RAM TRUCK

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Daytona Guy on September 16, 2005, 11:54:14 PM
Why can't we be for something (Aluminum) and not have to be against something else. 

Why ask why, drink Bud Dry...ummm...if you can still find some, that is. :icon_smile_big:

This calls for another beer! Anyone else want one while I'm up?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ghoste

Yes!  All I have is Bud wet though, is that okay?

Charger_Fan

hotrod98

Dane,
Is there any chance that anyone is building an aluminum wing for a superbird? We're looking at possibly building a bird clone later on to go with the daytona clone. You know that my wife wants a wing car, but I kind of hate to think about building two daytonas. I tend to get bored building the same thing twice. It took me a lot longer to build my wife's cuda than it did to build mine because I had lost interest. At least she will have an aluminum daytona wing if anyone wanted to trade. lol
She's been trying to talk me into putting a wing on either the   69 runner or the 69 superbee. I don't think I've ever seen it done before. Don't think it would look all that great. I guess the coronet fenders would fit the 69 runner though. Both of those cars are too nice to start messing around with.
BTW, the wing braces are welded. May get them painted this weekend.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Daytona Guy

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 17, 2005, 12:44:59 AM
Dane,
Is there any chance that anyone is building an aluminum wing for a superbird? We're looking at possibly building a bird clone later on to go with the daytona clone. You know that my wife wants a wing car, but I kind of hate to think about building two daytonas. I tend to get bored building the same thing twice. It took me a lot longer to build my wife's cuda than it did to build mine because I had lost interest. At least she will have an aluminum daytona wing if anyone wanted to trade. lol
She's been trying to talk me into putting a wing on either the   69 runner or the 69 superbee. I don't think I've ever seen it done before. Don't think it would look all that great. I guess the coronet fenders would fit the 69 runner though. Both of those cars are too nice to start messing around with.
BTW, the wing braces are welded. May get them painted this weekend.

If i had a Bird wing, real or glass, I can make an aluminum wing. I do now someone who has a nice Janak wing, I could see if he would be willing to part with it for a short time. But the draw back of a bird wing is that it would weigh more because the bulk of the bird wing is at the base.

Chargerguy74

WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

wingcars6970

Thanks Daytona guy Dane and all for your replys .As Dane said there is not broken part fiberglass as any proof.The people at dayclona like chargervert and Mike make the allegations.Maybe to generate sales who knows why.But with as many clones on here Im not hearing the alleged fiberglass short comings. Coming from no other place but .The people at Dayclona at this time.Here is a sample.

This is what I learned from my experiences!On Daytonas window plugs should also be steel to avoid stress crackingcracking,on Superbirds the fiberglass plug is as factory,and will work alright because the window plug is covered by the vynal top.Dane likes to use Vega plugs on his cars,but if I am going to do a Daytona,than I would buy the plug from Dayclona,and do the car correctly.

QUOTE) I know a guy who is restoring a red one in Chepatchet.Rhode Island,and its dismantled

Daytona
you mentioned in Chepachet Rhode Island .XX29L9B383271 R4 red Interior Ken L Wilmarth ave 028014.516 BX 926643 sold new from Masey Grindle Orlando Fl dealer number66-59140.

Kenneth F Lavoie, (401) 568-5306, 31 Wilmarth Rd, Chepachet, RI 02814 Google Maps Yahoo! Maps MapQuest

I was understanding dayclona AKA head of fabrications .Mike owns or owned wingcars along with all your experience you claim to have from owning them and taking apart and putting back together to have experience in the wing car field .I see know you just looked at other cars for your so called hands on ownership experience.69 charger 500s dont have nose assemblys on them.got pictures or proof of any real wingcars .How are we to believe you owned a real wingcar and got no real hands on experiences in the wing car field in assembly of a original wingcar and the inner nose cone workings.Put up or shut.QUOTE ((((thanks.......... 2 original wingcars & 25 years in "business" still "kicken"see ya at the 30 th wingcar makers reunion!................................mike/DAYCLONA ENTERPRISES)))
If they have or even had original wingcars cars among themselves as this claim. Why do they need to look at the red daytona in Rhode Island for reference. Jl Walters bought a 4000 mile B5 in storage blue dayt

This is a compilage of my documentation of dayclona patterns of inuendos and unfounded allegations

Ghoste

The personal attack is not required.  You just are not getting that part at all, are you?

Ghoste

We're not on Moparts.  Please, please, please leave the feuds over there.