News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody with their rear window out now, I need to ask a big favor???

Started by shawnmd, June 02, 2007, 05:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnmd

Anyone out there that may have their rear window out, specifically 68-70 charger rear windows, i need to ask you a big favor.  The previous owner of my 69 had new rear window channels installed and never redrilled the small screw holes that hold the rear window trim clips in place.  I need to redrill mine, in the correct heigth (depth) in the channel.  Not nessessarily in the correct places around the window, but at the correct heigth or depth, whatever you call it, so that when the window is installed, the trim sits nice and flush.  I'm wondering if anybody out there can measure the depth of these holes.  Since the clips are the same all the way around the window, I imagine they are all at the same depth.  I know its alot to ask, but if anybody can, please help.
Thanks

UFO

On mine the center of the hole is 1/4in up from the channel.

v21hemicharger

Thats a hard measurement to get from the top edge.  I put tape to the outside finished edge of the channel.  the lower holes were .375" and the upper holes were .475" from the edge.  hope this helps.  Mike

bill440rt

The clips usually sit flush with the bottom groove. If you just place the clip resting on the flange, you'll have the height already there for you. Use a center punch first so the drill doesn't "walk."
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce