News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Daytona Clone project UPDATE WITH PICS !!!

Started by Daytona R/T SE, June 04, 2007, 09:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 70charger_boy on June 05, 2007, 07:51:20 AM
How in the hell did you get the underside to look so freaking clean??????

Hours and hours and hours...... :bawling:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: daytonalo on June 05, 2007, 10:16:19 AM
Hemi ???????

I would REALLY like to put a Hemi/5 speed set up in it, but for right now I'm planning on a 440/4 speed

combo. ( I've already got the wedge/4spd stuff laying around )

If I had any sense I'd sell off a few of these "future project" cars I have sitting around and buy the

Hemi/5 speed set up I really want....

P.S. I'm now accepting donations for the Hemi fund  ;)

Charger_Fan

What are the two little holes in the top of the outer wheel wells in that first pic? Sunroof drains?

Great looking progress on that baby, I bet you can't wait to be sniffin' paint fumes! ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on June 05, 2007, 05:10:03 PM
What are the two little holes in the top of the outer wheel wells in that first pic? Sunroof drains?

Great looking progress on that baby, I bet you can't wait to be sniffin' paint fumes! ;D

Yep! Sharp eyes!  Those are the holes for the sunroof drain tubes...Thanks to DC.Com member BadBob for sending me pics of where they go :thumbs:

daytonalo

13k , AND YOU CAN HAVE MY 472 -600 HP ALUM HEAD HEMI ,11-1 HEMI , NEVER FIRED

hemigeno

Chris, your car is looking fantastic!!!  I know how hard you've been working on that, and your efforts are certainly paying off.  That plug looks awesome, and it matches the craftsmanship everywhere else too.  Congrats, I bet you're getting pumped now that some of the harder stuff is out of the way.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: hemigeno on June 05, 2007, 07:47:44 PM
Chris, your car is looking fantastic!!!  I know how hard you've been working on that, and your efforts are certainly paying off.  That plug looks awesome, and it matches the craftsmanship everywhere else too.  Congrats, I bet you're getting pumped now that some of the harder stuff is out of the way.

Gene, Many thanks to you for all the measurements and pictures of your car that you posted here, on Moparstyle, and sent straight to me...You sure saved me a lot of guesswork !!!

Enthusiasm is growing, as it starts to actually look like something other than the "Exoskeleton" that has been gathering dust in my garage for the last several years.

I've still got a long way to go, but I talked to my buddy that's going to paint it for me the other day-he said he should be ready to start on it late fall/early winter....

So it looks like...

PAINT IN '08  :boogie:

PocketThunder

:bump:

After trying to find a picture of a blue Daytona with white wing for Dillon, i remembered this car and was wondering, how is the progress going Chris?

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

it will be an amazing car ,  that underside it just a thing of beauty

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

dillon14

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on June 05, 2007, 10:31:15 PM
Quote from: hemigeno on June 05, 2007, 07:47:44 PM

Gene, Many thanks to you for all the measurements and pictures of your car that you posted here, on Moparstyle, and sent straight to me...You sure saved me a lot of guesswork !!!

Enthusiasm is growing, as it starts to actually look like something other than the "Exoskeleton" that has been gathering dust in my garage for the last several years.

I've still got a long way to go, but I talked to my buddy that's going to paint it for me the other day-he said he should be ready to start on it late fall/early winter....

So it looks like...

Daytona R/T SE,

WOW!! Looks like you are nearing the end. However, I am just starting. Would you be willing to share some of the info and measurements you received? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1970 Dodge Coronet R/T 426 Hemi 4-Speed 1 of 4
1969 Boss 429
1968 Shelby GT-500KR 4-Speed Convertible

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 09, 2007, 11:11:02 AM
:bump:

After trying to find a picture of a blue Daytona with white wing for Dillon, i remembered this car and was wondering, how is the progress going Chris?

Well since I posted this, I've fabricated my own headlight pivot brackets, headlight cams and steel Z-bars.

I've also ordered a pair of steel headlight buckets and a steel latch tray. I decided to take the easy way out on these and just buy them.   ( Hangs head in shame )  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

While I'm waiting for the new steel parts to arrive, I've been performing a resurrection on my rusted-to-death 70 Charger hood. :brickwall:

I might actually be able to finish the hood this weekend-pics of hood will be posted if I do.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: dillon14 on November 09, 2007, 12:03:59 PM

Daytona R/T SE,

WOW!! Looks like you are nearing the end. However, I am just starting. Would you be willing to share some of the info and measurements you received? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Any questions, just fire away!

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on November 09, 2007, 05:23:17 PM
Quote from: dillon14 on November 09, 2007, 12:03:59 PM

Daytona R/T SE,

Any questions, just fire away!
another great mopar guy willing to help out his fellow cloner
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Daytona R/T SE

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

dillon14

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on November 09, 2007, 06:13:41 PM
Some light reading for dillon14 and any other Daytona cloner newbies  :2thumbs:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,10669.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21596.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,32287.msg353161.html#msg353161

I am humbled by your expertise and fabrication skills. When I get started on these tough aspects of the restoration, I will take you up on your offer for a little help.

That's why I love these forums, everyone is willing to pitch in and help where they can.

1970 Dodge Coronet R/T 426 Hemi 4-Speed 1 of 4
1969 Boss 429
1968 Shelby GT-500KR 4-Speed Convertible

1968 Charger B5

I agree sunroof wing cars are awesome, but don't pat yourself on the back too much, Dayclona did that to all their wing cars years ago. 
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 1968 Charger B5 on November 11, 2007, 04:22:27 PM
don't pat yourself on the back too much, Dayclona did that to all their wing cars years ago. 

You're absolutely right.

I should never take pride in my work.

I should never post pictures of my cars on the internet.

Just in case someone, somewhere, sometime in the past has done something similar to what I'm doing.

I should never, ever offer suggestions or help to others on how to build their own cars, based on my experience working on this stuff over the last 30 +years.

Based on your advise I should just go out to the garage, grab the sawzall and scrap the Daytona clone, because it's all been done already. :hack:

Goodbye cruel world, it's just not worth doing anymore, because 1968 Charger B5 said so....

daytonalo

I'm sure he still wets the bed !!! We need how to guy's around here !! Guy's like us , do it guy's !! Leaders , not followers

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: daytonalo on November 11, 2007, 11:25:42 PM
I'm sure he still wets the bed !!! We need how to guy's around here !! Guy's like us , do it guy's !! Leaders , not followers

:cheers:

70charger_boy

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on November 11, 2007, 11:22:18 PM
Quote from: 1968 Charger B5 on November 11, 2007, 04:22:27 PM
don't pat yourself on the back too much, Dayclona did that to all their wing cars years ago. 

You're absolutely right.

I should never take pride in my work.

I should never post pictures of my cars on the internet.

Just in case someone, somewhere, sometime in the past has done something similar to what I'm doing.

I should never, ever offer suggestions or help to others on how to build their own cars, based on my experience working on this stuff over the last 30 +years.

Based on your advise I should just go out to the garage, grab the sawzall and scrap the Daytona clone, because it's all been done already. :hack:

Goodbye cruel world, it's just not worth doing anymore, because 1968 ChargerB5 said so....

daytonalo

daytonalo