News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Daytona Clone project UPDATE WITH PICS !!!

Started by Daytona R/T SE, June 04, 2007, 09:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

There's that "D" word again. Does this guy know the whole story regarding those guys?  Apparently not.
Is there a system to vote someone off of the board?  :icon_smile_big:
We don't need that kind of negativity here at D.C.. The comradery is what seperates us from those other guys.

And, as I've said before, your car is looking great. Wish I had that kind of talent. I can't wait to see it finished.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 12, 2007, 12:26:21 AM
There's that "D" word again. Does this guy know the whole story regarding those guys?  Apparently not.
Is there a system to vote someone off of the board?  :icon_smile_big:
We don't need that kind of negativity here at D.C.. The comradery is what seperates us from those other guys.

And, as I've said before, your car is looking great. Wish I had that kind of talent. I can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks, Hotrod98  :2thumbs:

I can remember making stupid comments to the older guys when I was a kid, The difference was back then, you weren't hiding behind a keyboard and monitor when you shot your mouth off-you were within slapping distance ! :slap:

If you'd have made a comment like that in the pits at the local dirt track back in 1981 or 1982  you'd have gotten a wrench upside the head. Don't ask me how I know ! :icon_smile_dissapprove:

daytonalo

You cant make any comments unless you have built or building a Daytona !!! Bottom line , WALK THE WALK !!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:

BigBlockSam

Quote  PAINT IN '08 
PAINT IN '08 
PAINT IN '08   

i know you'll get it there.  :cheers:

now i'm hoping for

primer IN '08 
primer IN '08 
primer IN '08     :D
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

learical1

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 12, 2007, 11:39:56 AM
Quote  PAINT IN '08 
PAINT IN '08 
PAINT IN '08   

primer IN '08 
primer IN '08 
primer IN '08     :D

rhyme works better as:

"primer in oh niner."

say it a few times.  you'll see.  :smilielol:

Bruce

daytonalo

hemigeno

Quote from: daytonalo on November 12, 2007, 08:33:53 AM
You cant make any comments unless you have built or building a Daytona !!! Bottom line , WALK THE WALK !!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:

Larry, let's not take it anywhere CLOSE to that far.  Normally I'd just consider the source of that remark and go on, but the last thing I want to do is to have you or anyone else discouraging folks from commenting.  There are a large number of people with quite valuable contributions to make to this forum who do not own a wing car (clone or otherwise) or are in the process of building one.  They are welcome to comment on this forum, despite your disdain for their existence.  Sorry if that offends you.  When you get your own forum you can make the rules to suit your own tastes; until then,Troy calls the shots. 

That being said, Rick's (1968 Charger B5) comment was more than just a little rude, and quite illogical.  Under that line of thinking, we should all scrap our cars since others have restored musclecars/Chargers before.  If that's the case, why would anyone want to go to another car show?  Seen one, seen 'em all??     :badidea:    Dayclona has done some very nice work on their cars and reproduction parts.  However, I seriously doubt that they were the first one ever to have put a sunroof in a wing car.  What about Jerry Juenemann's former '70 Charger "Daytona"? 

Daytona R/T SE (Chris) and quite a few others on this board have more metalworking and bodywork skills in their little finger than I'll ever have, and I have a tremendous amount of respect for the work each of you craftsmen have done.  This is a place where people can not only learn what it takes to do one of these projects, but also appreciate the work that others have done.  Those whose purpose in life is to run down the work that others are doing or have done, are not welcome here.

:soapbox:

daytonalo

Sorry to piss you off !! I was just standing up to people who make comments about members skills , and more than likely cant operate a pop rivet gun ! I have never spoken down to anyone about their skill level . We all bring something to table , trust me I learned everything I know about Wing cars from this Board and My buddy Dave [ Wingcarsxx]  . I have restored cars for years , mostly Pontiac's .  I'm always available to help where I can .

Larry

hemigeno

Quote from: daytonalo on November 12, 2007, 01:09:52 PM
I was just standing up to people who make comments about members skills , and more than likely cant operate a pop rivet gun !

Well to be honest, the comment in question did not denigrate Chris, his skills or his car.  It did make it sound as if the car was of little value or interest because someone else had done something similar.  You read that as an attack on Chris' abilities and overall project much the same way that other people react to many of YOUR OWN comments.  Touche.

I have never spoken down to anyone about their skill level .

Read the last half of the sentence RIGHT BEFORE THIS STATEMENT.  Care to rephrase?

We all bring something to table , trust me I learned everything I know about Wing cars from this Board and My buddy Dave [ Wingcarsxx]  . I have restored cars for years , mostly Pontiac's .  I'm always available to help where I can .

This forum is all about helping others, and you have the ability to do just that.  My whole point is that discouraging people from commenting, attacking others and/or running down their cars helps absolutely no one.

:cheers:

daytonalo

BigBlockSam

Quoterhyme works better as:

"primer in oh niner."

say it a few times.  you'll see.   

:yesnod: :smilielol:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

WingCharger

What are those markings on the B pillar? Also, what sunroof did you use? I want to build one eventually, and what did you use?

PS: Are you going to paint or undercoat the bottom?

moparstuart

Quote from: WingCharger on June 15, 2008, 08:35:49 AM
What are those markings on the B pillar? Also, what sunroof did you use? I want to build one eventually, and what did you use?

updated picture !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Daytona R/T SE

I'm not sure what markings you're refering to...the seam where the top meets the quarters? That's how it looks once you dig out all the factory lead and filler.

I used a power sunroof from a 1970 Dodge Charger...I'd had it for years...good luck trying to find one of those now a days  :eek2:

Paint on the bottom  :2thumbs:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: moparstuart on June 15, 2008, 05:00:41 PM

updated picture !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, Stuart! As soon as there's something worth looking at!  :icon_smile_big: :yesnod:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE