News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear Brake Shoes 10" 71 Charger

Started by ipstrategies, July 24, 2005, 01:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipstrategies

I need to replace the rear drum shoes on my Charger, I call around and locate them at Advance Auto. Pick them up with hardware kit. I bring them home remove the old one on the drivers side reassembled.  The  return spiring hole on the old one is a slot on the new ones the spring will not hold. I call them back they locate what is supposed to be Bendix with the hole for the spring go over this morning they have a slot. It appears somenone repackaged new shoes in the correct box. He is ordering another set as well as another rebuild kit. I say ok an go to Autozone he pulls the shoes same deal a slot instead of hole no go. Have any of you ran into this problem? How can they say these work on a 71 Charger when they do not. I was hoping for a little dirve today does not look like it is going to happen.

Thanks for any advice you may give me.
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

John_Kunkel

Due to a lack of early cores a lot of stores are selling the '76 and later shoes to fit the early cars but they won't work without the proper hardware kit. The Bendix kit number is H7044.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

NHCharger

Thank you John. I'm doing my 72 Charger brakes this fall. Glad you found us.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel