News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dash voltage regulator

Started by christianlarsen, June 11, 2007, 02:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christianlarsen

this regualtor from summit should fit a 1970-74 charger dash but it looks like the one i have in my dash from a 1969 charger....does anybody know if it is the same....i suspect mine to be dead since none of the instruments are working...so i hope this is the problem...

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SMP%2DVRC601&N=700+115&autoview=sku

Just 6T9 CHGR

Not sure if its the same but holy crap man $56 bucks!   That is a Standard Products part that should be available at any local parts store.

www.rockauto.com has part # VRC601 for $29
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

If you're on good terms with your dealer, you may still be able to get one for a decent buck from Dodge.

christianlarsen

good tips guys thnx and yea 56bucks is way too much i think too....
im amased at all the stuff they have at rockauto.....my wife is gonna hate u  ;)
think im gonna give dodge a call before i call rock since they are local...

71superbee

This item is still available from ypur local dealer, part # 2258413. The suggested retail price is 64.20. I also found one on ebay item # 300118946351 with no bids starting at 9.99 plus 5.95 shipping

BronzeOnSteelies

I know you can get the 68-70 version from NAPA. It is on a thread somewhere with the part number.
You have to be carefull to make sure it works out of the box. Sometimes even the new ones aren't any good and you can ruin your gauges with the full voltage supplied to them.

They can be tested by putting 12 volts to the IVR and loading it with a small light bulb. If the light goes on and off like a turn signal the Instrument Voltage Regulator (IVR) is working.
68 MM1 (Turbine Bronze) R/T

christianlarsen

The IVR has 3 "legs", how do i connect 12v and a light bulb if i wanna test ?

BronzeOnSteelies

It has been awhile but the inside face of the IVR had Letters by each leg that give you a clue as to what they are. You also can look at where the legs "run" to on the back of the printed circuit board of the instrument cluster.

One leg takes the power, one is output and one is the ground.
68 MM1 (Turbine Bronze) R/T

Nacho-RT74

does look the same to 3rd gens cluster BUT STANDART cluster, not rallye
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

christianlarsen

nice ! i actually get the logic now....thnx m8!  :2thumbs:

Plumcrazy

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL