News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Small block 408 DYNO results

Started by Challenger340, June 13, 2007, 02:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger340

Thought I'd post the dyno results for the most recent 408 / EDDY build we've done, as a bit of "confuser" for the guys contemplating swapping to BB power.

How much power do you really want ?

Handling ?

SB to BB conversion costs ?

NOT saying I don't like BB's , I DO !

BUT, this ain't a bad little mouse either !  Block prep here;http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,26383.0.html

Stock la 360 Block
4" stroker forged Crank
EDDY heads
I-Beam Rods
Forged Pistons
Main Studs/Girdle
Adjustable Rockers
"Comp. Cams" Flat Tappet Solid Cam
Dual Plane Intake
Holley Carb

[/img]
Only wimps wear Bowties !

supserdave

Were the eddy heads stock? Did you have to put bigger springs in them?

Challenger340

The EDDY heads were ported.

1.55 Diameter springs @ 335 inch/lb rate.

Ghoste

I have to admit, that's pretty impressive!

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Challenger340

I Dunno how well it's gonna work in the guys car though ?

It's heavy, 3.55 rear, 3500 stall, and tall sticky tires @ 28".

Methinks a ton 'O trans heat !

Not enough rear gear. Time will tell.

On another Note;  WARNING !

Although it makes good Torque down low, And a VERY responsive bottom end, I was somewhat dis-appointed at the Camshaft Profile.

It is VERY raunchy sounding !

Far "LOPIER" than I would have expected for in the 240's @ 050 duration !

The above, in all fairness, makes me give personal preference to the BB builds for "driveability", on the STREET, above this power level (500)

As stated in other threads on here, although plus 500 hp street pump fuel is attainable "very cost effectively" on the smallblocks, the trade off is, in my opinion,

1.)  Camshaft "drive-ability" and tuning.
2.)  Long term Block reliability for street driving.

NOT trying to rain on the smallblock parade, just to be FAIR , this needs to be pointed out.

Although I have absolutely no problem building Stock Block SB engines for Brackets/limited street/strip @ 500-550 hp.,(we do lots of 'em),
the LONG TERM "streetability" of these builds, may be "unfriendly" to the Daily Driver end user, IN MY OPINION.

Just my opinion, DON'T want a war, but, above 500 hp, for the street, GO BB !  :2thumbs:

Bob out