News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Campground In Carlisle Is Gone (But There's Another!)

Started by Old Moparz, June 16, 2007, 04:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

I need some help with info about a campground in Carlisle, PA. I had stayed at a place right on the main road in Carlisle before called "The Carlisle Campground" located at 1075 Harrisburg Pike Carlisle, Pa 17013 USA. Phone: 717-249-4563. I found a web page for it, but it's just the same contact info.

The phone number is no longer in service, & information has no listing for it. The email I sent to them also came back as undeliverable. I'm wondering now if the campground was sold & under a new owner, name & listing, or if they simply went out of business or sold the property to a developer.

Anybody know anything about it?

Also, does the Carlisle Fairgrounds allow camping on the fairground property?

(I checked their site & found nothing & nobody is there right now, just a recording.)

Thanks.  :shruggy:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

TripleBlackGator

I believe you can camp outside gate 6 near the Armory but wait for other opinions as well.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Old Moparz

I was almost sure I had seen people camp there before, thanks.

I did want to find out about the campground in town, easier to set up a trailer there. I'm hoping someone else might know about the one I can't get in touch with.
               Bob                

Old Moparz

I exchanged emails with the Carlisle Fairgrounds & found out that the Campground I asked about is now gone. There is supposed to be a housing development going in where the campground was.

Oh well, you can't stop "progress" it seems.   :eyes:

I did get a link for the Armory next to the fairgrounds & was told that if I can't camp on the Carlisle Fairgrounds because the trailer is too big, that they will allow it.  www.unionfireco.org

Just wanted to pass this on to anyone that was considering camping.
               Bob                

72chargerSE

Bob,

To avoid the ridiculous hotel fares this year, we are taking my 25' travel trailer this year...we are staying at a campground 3 miles from the gate.

http://www.westernvillagervpark.com/

I've had our reservations since January, it's worth checking out!!

Mike

Old Moparz

Quote from: 72chargerSE on June 19, 2007, 10:54:45 AM
Bob,

To avoid the ridiculous hotel fares this year, we are taking my 25' travel trailer this year...we are staying at a campground 3 miles from the gate.

Mike

Hey Mike,

Thanks for posting the link to this site, I might just go here instead.   :2thumbs:

They have a pool so my wife & daughter won't be too bored all weekend, LOL.
               Bob                

Old Moparz

Quote from: 72chargerSE on June 19, 2007, 10:54:45 AM
Bob,

Mike

Mike,

I made reservations at the same place for Friday & Saturday nights. Any idea what campsite you'll be on? All I have is a confirmation number, not a site number yet. I'll have my 24 foot trailer & my dark gray, Dodge Ram with "MOAPRZ" on the plate.  :D  I should arrive before lunch time on Friday, maybe I'll see you there.
               Bob                

72chargerSE

Hi Bob!

Justa confirmnation number here also! We'll have a 06 Diesel Ram, and a Outback camper...I'll keep my eyes open for ya!

Old Moparz

Quote from: 72chargerSE on July 02, 2007, 10:27:02 PM
Hi Bob!

Justa confirmnation number here also! We'll have a 06 Diesel Ram, and a Outback camper...I'll keep my eyes open for ya!

Cool, the trailer I have is a white Coachmen with red & blue stripes on the side, the truck is an '04 with a matching gray cap.
               Bob                

TUFCAT

Bob,  I'm going with 72Charger SE .....    :icon_smile_cool:
See ya there.   :icon_smile_tongue: