News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

powder coating

Started by dodgeboy67, September 17, 2005, 09:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgeboy67

has anyone out there used eastwoods powder coat system????is it worth the money????has  anyone used the chrome color???how shiny is it??or is it like rattlecan chrome

also, can potmetal parts be powder coated??or rechromed for that matter???

Drop Top

If your planning on doing allot of powder coating then its probably worth it. But its just like painting. Its going to take some time to get used to spraying it. Make sure you buy an oven that is just for powder coating. It mainly depends on how much you plan on doing and how expensive and how good the local powder coater is.

Silver R/T

you can buy kit for cheaper through ebay or harborfreight
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

B5 Charger

If you look down a few posts I have a post about this very thing.  I like my setup and I think it was well worth the money.  I bought a 1/2 pound of the single stage reflective chrome and did a few parts in about 3 hours last week (see pic).  That includes the time it took to strip them in the bead blaster and prep them for coating.  The chrome definitely doesn't look like chrome but it doesn't look like paint either.  If someone were to see it they would know it was powder coated.  The nice thing about the chrome powder is you can shoot a translucent powder over the top of it and get an anodized look. I plan to do this to a few of my engine bay parts and yes I will post pics.  I got the delux kit from Eastwood and 11 1/2 pound containers of powder for $196.00 including shipping.  I bought a flea market oven for $35.00 and put about another $15.00 into cleaning it up and repairing it.  So all in all I have a total investment of under $250.00 and I am powder coating.  Of coarse that doesn't include the respirators, gloves, bead blasting cabinet, PRE and all of the other stuff that I already had on hand.  I took my carb linkage to work to show some of my car buddies and they are beating down my door to coat stuff for them.  I may even be able to make some money with this thing!

dodgeboy67