News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any way to test out the circuit board?

Started by Afflyer, September 18, 2005, 01:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Afflyer

???  Guys, I've got a spare instrument panel circuit board.  I was wondering if there were any way to test out the circuitry lines with a multimeter to see if it's good or not.  Upon close inspection, there doesn't seem to be any cracks in the board at all.  Just some very minor corrosion of the brass or copper.

Any one of you guys ever tested yours?  And how did you do it?

Thanks,
Bradley  :icon_smile_approve:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Ghoste

No different than testing wiring really.  Each of the circuitry lines represents a pathway for the current to follow just like a wire in a harness.

Plumcrazy

Quote from: Ghoste on September 18, 2005, 01:20:32 AM
No different than testing wiring really.   Each of the circuitry lines represents a pathway for the current to follow just like a wire in a harness.

:iagree:   The connections between the pins and the circuit board are a common problem area.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Afflyer

So basically I just check for continuity then?  And if this is the case, has have any one of you done this before?  Any tips?

Bradley  :icon_smile_approve:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

CornDogsCharger

Use an ohm meter.  Some of the multimeters will have OHMs on it.  Put one of the probes on one end of the copper path and then touch the other probe to the other end of the copper path.  The ohm reading should be 0.00  If there is a positive or negitive number shown, then that means you have resistance somewhere int eh path and it will need to be fixed.  Remember, with Ohms.... "0" is good

Hope this helps.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee