News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cotton Owen's garage burns down........

Started by wingcar builder, June 16, 2007, 06:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcar builder

a very sad day in Nascar history!  my heart goes out to Cotton and his family for this terrible loss. back in 1987 i had a garage fire and lost acouple 69 Z/28's and some Super Sport cars but it was nothing like this i'm sure. I hope this doesn't do damage to Cotton himself as his health is not the greatest and he was at that garage all the time. ~ WcB

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7007653058

daytonalo

69bronzeT5

Actually on Moparts, they said that it wasnt his main garage that burnt down. It was one of his smaller ones.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Troy

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 16, 2007, 12:12:04 PM
Actually on Moparts, they said that it wasnt his main garage that burnt down. It was one of his smaller ones.

It was mentioned here too:
Quote from: hemigeno on June 15, 2007, 09:21:58 PM
Rich B. (a friend of mine) spoke with Dottie Owens (Cotton's wife) this afternoon and they're all OK.  The building that burned was not his main garage building and thankfully no one was hurt.  Rich will be visiting with Cotton next week at the WW/NBOA meet in Charlotte so he'll tell me the full story when he gets back.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69bronzeT5

I know, it was mentioned in both places.

Ghoste

Aero426

Here is a recent photo of Cotton's shops before the fire. As you can see, the shops have evolved and expanded as time has gone on. The large metal building to the left is the current era shop. Off to the right behind the rollback is the brick garage which is older. I believe that is where he rescued his wife's Chrysler TC convertible.  Behind that, the taller garage with the brown roof is the 1957 era shop that was gutted.   The news reports quoted some roof damage to one of those newer buildings. 

4cruzin

Fire can do alot of damage quickly, sad situation.     

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

69_500

Does anyone know if Cotton is planning on attending the WW meet this week on Thursday night? Just curious.

Aero426

wingcar builder

Doug, i can't make it because my father is in the hospital. i was suppose to meet Kenny Shaw there but he understood and i was hoping to finally meet with you face to face. maybe at the next meet. i'll be going down later to see Jim Vandiver and Hylton but it would have been nice to meet all at one time.~ WcB

Aero426

I'm not going to be at Charlotte either.    Let me know the next time you plan a trip to Highland and we can get together.   I'm only 120 miles from there.

69_500

I thought that you were going to be there at Charolette Doug. I was hoping to get to sit down with ya and chit chat some.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: DougSchellinger on June 18, 2007, 01:09:19 PM
Here is a recent photo of Cotton's shops before the fire. As you can see, the shops have evolved and expanded as time has gone on. The large metal building to the left is the current era shop. Off to the right behind the rollback is the brick garage which is older. I believe that is where he rescued his wife's Chrysler TC convertible.  Behind that, the taller garage with the brown roof is the 1957 era shop that was gutted.   The news reports quoted some roof damage to one of those newer buildings. 

I spy a 'Bird. :scope: Hope it wasnt it there :-\

Hemi_tyme

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 22, 2007, 01:25:49 AM
Quote from: DougSchellinger on June 18, 2007, 01:09:19 PM

I spy a 'Bird. :scope: Hope it wasnt it there :-\
I'm guessing that's Doug's superbird in the picture
Ken