DodgeCharger.com Forum
August 07, 2022, 04:08:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DodgeCharger.com decals are available here!

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrical Woes  (Read 1879 times)
04lbram

« on: September 18, 2005, 08:02:31 AM »

Okay folks so I'm doing some troubleshooting on the Challenger for electrical woes. The first thing is my blinkers don't flash? I'm assuming a flasher there. Also, my car has ran down one battery so I'm changing the battery cables to the 2 gauge negative and 4 gauge postive? Would that mesh together correctly? I'm kind of new this and having to trouble shoot. So far, electrics go I have replaced engine coil, new voltage regulator, new 75 amp alternator, new turn signal switch and some new fuses? Can someone please help? Thank you.

Plumcrazy
Old Timer

Paul

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 08:39:01 AM »

Make sure the flasher is there.   Do they light but not blink or not light up at all ?

With everything turned off, disconnect one of the battery terminals and connect a test light between the battery post and cable.  If it lights you have something draining the battery.  Try removing one fuse at a time. When the light goes out, you know what's causing the draw on the battery.  Check the wiring diagram to see what circuits that fuse feeds.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.
04lbram

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 09:00:30 AM »

Thanks for the advice. Yes, they do light up on the dash except the one for the right side but, it still lights up on the outside of the car Tongue
Plumcrazy
Old Timer

Paul

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 05:44:59 PM »

Thanks for the advice. Yes, they do light up on the dash except the one for the right side but, it still lights up on the outside of the car Tongue

If both the front and rear bulbs light you probably have a bad flasher.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.
04lbram

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 07:32:33 PM »

New Flasher on the way.  icon_smile_big
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: