News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

V10 Charger (Update 5/25/21)

Started by GT, June 21, 2007, 01:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GT

The block sanding is still in progress as weather permits.  The hood turned out to be a real pain given its age and years of abuse. 

Really down to the final pass and going over every nook and cranny on the car, especially the engine bay.    I would have never imagined putting this much time into it.  If this final pass is good, i'll be redoing the spray booth, then it will be time for color.  Hoping that will happen in April, possibly May.   It is getting so close !!!!
1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

TexasStroker

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

GT

Making steady progress... Been focused on getting the viper motor wrapped up.  Lots of cleaning, painting, etc.  Can't be too careful with aluminum, and the entire engine is aluminum, so lots of tedious steps in scrubbing and cleaning.   Used epoxy primer followed with 2k aluminum paint and/or hotrod black.
2012 Charger SRT8

GT

Also had to swap oil pans from the deep sump SRT-10 truck version to the flat viper car version, which meant new dipstick and oil pickup locations, different bolts, etc.

Engine was super clean inside with under 10K miles on it.
2012 Charger SRT8

GT

Installed the custom wire harness, intake, valve covers, etc.  Only thing remaining is the throttle body and injectors.   She is pretty much ready to go at this point:

2012 Charger SRT8

GT

Focusing in on the paint selection as well.  Plum Crazy paint is notoriously difficult to match - every show you go to a PCP car looks a little different.  Decided to use the modern version from a 2019 Hellcat Challenger.   Here is a sample that i will do a spray out on and see how it looks in the sun before dropping the coin on the base coat.   I've included the label and mix ratios.  Using Spies/Hecker products:

2012 Charger SRT8

ACUDANUT

TexasStroker

Looking forward to seeing the PCP!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

472 R/T SE

Absolutely amazing work you've done.  This place has some incredible work being shown.

Very, very  nice work!  I have both, lol!  An fc7 Charger and 05 srt10 4 door, lol.