News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear side window trim clips

Started by Paul 500, March 25, 2008, 07:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul 500

Does anyone know where i can get these clips that hold the rear side window trim on. I must of looked at hundreds of clips on all the sites but still havent found them. I need all 8
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

Paul 500

They go here & for this piece of trim
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

red72chrgr

Did you check out Northland Fasteners?
Nothing personal, just business

bull

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,23879.0.html#bot

I've got an email in to restoration specialties asking if they have them. They're not real easy to find.

bull

A guy from Restoration Specialties emailed me back finally and said they don't have them. :P

bill440rt

Paul,
Just some ideas that may help you:

1) Find used. I wouldn't say they are "in demand," but some of the large Mopar salvage yards should be able to help you.

2) Go to your local auto body supply shop, auto parts or hardware store, & buy some deep U-clips for sheetmetal screws. They are fairly common, & come in several lengths. Measure to see how deep you need them. Using a cut-off tool or small saw, cut off a portion of the "flat" area, mimicking the clip you need. This way the trim will still lay flat on the car. You may have to crimp the "U" channel part of the clip a little tighter to get it to fit snugly over the sheetmetal. A little crude, but these clips won't be seen once the glass, catwhisker, interior trim, etc is all assembled. You're basically modifying a standard deep U-clip to match what you need.

3) Use small sheetmetal screws with a speed nut behind it. Totally not correct, but you'll get that molding attached.

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

gasoline_24

Anybody find these clips of have any on hand?  I could use 4.

bull

Like the guys on Hee-Haw, "I've searched the world over" and couldn't find anyone that carries them. Your best bet, like Bill said, is to find them used, right Bill? :2thumbs:

You might check in the Mopar section with this place too: http://stores.ebay.com/Fasteners-Plus

bill440rt

Absolutely, bull!   ;)  :D

This is one clip that needs to be repro'd. My car is together now with the trim, I resorted to "Option 3" to attach mine in a couple areas. No way am I going to disassemble it now to slip in some clips.

Gasoline_24, you have PM.  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bull

I just heard back from Fasteners Plus:

"Curtis, We do not carry that clip. We do not manufacture clips.
Thank you Tony"

charger Downunder

If someone could look up the part number it might make it easier to chase.
[/quote]

bull

Quote from: charger Downunder on December 01, 2008, 11:40:43 PM
If someone could look up the part number it might make it easier to chase.

The part no. is 6026 552 as seen here: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,23879.0.html#bot

I've sent that no. to the vendor's I've talked to but it doesn't seem to help much.