News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 charger rear bumper removal

Started by jasonjb75, June 27, 2007, 08:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonjb75

I'm sure there are some posts on here but I was wondering if anyone could give me a few tips or steps to remove the rear bumper on my Charger?  I'm trying to do some repairs to the back of my car since my neighbor backed through my garage door and into my car.  I'd like to get the front and back bumpers off to take along to Carlisle to get replacements.
1969 Dodge Charger - 383HP w/ 4-Speed

moparjohn

Rear bumper is really easy, 2 bolts on bottom edge of valance for the bumperettes, and 4 bolts inside trunk at the floor/taillight panel area and thats it.  Don't forget to unplug the light for the tag.  Front is 1 of two ways. Unbolt bumperettes from supports and unbolt bumper from end braces, then either remove 6 bolts  to remove bumper and bumper brackets from frame (not sure if you have to remove valance) or unbolt bumper from brace at the bumper. John
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!