News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Creeeeeking Charger

Started by RECHRGD, July 24, 2005, 04:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

I've had some creeking noises develop under the '68.  All the frame rails appear to be fine but I can't find where it's coming from.  Makes me think the unibody is flexing when going over rough roads.  I put on KYB shocks this year and they're quick a bit stiffer than what I had before.  Any  Ideas??    Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Paul G

Suspension bushings? Try spraying them with silicone lubricant. A-frame bushings, stabilizer bushings, strut rod bushings, leaf spring bushings   etc. Make sure the tie rods and ball joints are well lubricated also.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

NHCharger

Do you have any idea where the creaking is coming from? Front, under the floor boards? Both my Chargers developed creaks, both times is was the bushings on the front suspension, ordered front end rebuild kits from PST and replaced all the bushings on the front end.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

RECHRGD

The sound seems to come from under the area between the Front seat and rear seats.  If it's suspension related I guess the rear leafs would be suspect.  I better buy a can of silicone lube, as Paul G suggested.  That would be the first step.  Just have to find a rack to put her up on.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

BigBlackDodge

The back end the torsion bar mounts in that area. Make the sure the rubber boot that holds all the grease in there is in good shape and is doing it's job.

BBD

RECHRGD

BBD, your right! I forgot about that little item.  I'll check there too.   thanks,    Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img