News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Absolute HORROR dealing with a "UPS store" and UPS.

Started by Charger Aficionado, September 19, 2005, 01:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

It's been OVER a YEAR and they will absolutly NOT PAY me for damaging my NOS trunk Stainless strip!!!   It was insured for $600.00 and UPS says the shipper packaged it wrong, so they will not pay.   The store will not pay me!!!   UPS says I have to SUE them!!!   Only prob:   they are in Pa.     I wonder if I would get re-imbursed for my flights there???   THIS SUCKS!!!

NOS SHIPPER:
AUTHORIZED SHIPPING OUTLET
MAIL BOXES PLUS MORE
123 WASHINGTON ST
WASHINGTON, PA 15301
724-222-7660

Old Moparz

It's not an I told you so, (Because I didn't know anyway)  but that's why I built & sent the crate to Premiere for that '71 Cuda grille. I've had years of experience in shipping artwork & antiques, so I have absolutely no faith in the majority of the knuckle draggers that deliver fragile items. Anything rare, valuable & important, should be in a wooden crate & wrapped with enough cushioning so it doesn't smash against the inside of the crate.

Sorry to hear about the UPS claim, but keep that incident in mind when you send out Steve's grilles.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Charger Aficionado

Old Moparz

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on September 19, 2005, 02:20:40 PM
  Yeah, I'm out building crates as we speak!

I just used my crate as an over-the-workbench cabinet. Mounted the bottom against the wall, & all I need to do is cut the lid into smaller panels for doors. Recycling at it's best!  :D
               Bob                

nh_mopar_fan

$600 is small claims. Small claims can be filed in your residence or theirs.

File against them in small claims where YOU live. If they don't show, you will get a default judgement.

Of course, you still have to collect but at least you have the judgement on your side.

Spartan

UPS had told me that unless they pack it (at the UPS store) they could not insure it for damage, only loss.  I had it wrapped like an amoured car but made them do it over so I could get them for damage if something happened.

My dad had side trim, mint, for his 67.  It was packed in a long tube, really strong, but they still managed to turn it into a pretzel.  He was so ticked, especially when the replacement parts were sub-par..... I could have cried the way the crushed that......
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

DodgeChargerNeeded

I shipped a complete 1969 Charger Grille assembly last week but I decided it needed a wooden crate. By the time I was done the crate weighed twice as much as the grille and I packed it thoroughly and shipped it by Semi Truck obviously. Shipped it from Michigan to Texas. I was worried all week about it but it arrived safely. Another side note I used to work at UPS loading truck and FRAGILE means nothing or it means throw it harder.
Jeff

Chryco Psycho

Andrew

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on September 19, 2005, 01:31:07 PM

NOS SHIPPER:
AUTHORIZED SHIPPING OUTLET
MAIL BOXES PLUS MORE
123 WASHINGTON ST
WASHINGTON, PA 15301
724-222-7660
You want us to mail them? :)

Charger4404spd

Old Moparz

Quote from: DodgeChargerNeeded on September 19, 2005, 11:07:08 PM
I shipped a complete 1969 Charger Grille assembly last week but I decided it needed a wooden crate. By the time I was done the crate weighed twice as much as the grille and I packed it thoroughly and shipped it by Semi Truck obviously. Shipped it from Michigan to Texas. I was worried all week about it but it arrived safely. Another side note I used to work at UPS loading truck and FRAGILE means nothing or it means throw it harder.

That's the biggest downside to shipping large or fragile parts of that size. I sold a '69 Charger hood for $100 last year. With the crate, it weighed in at 160 pounds. Shipping was more than the hood, but luckily the buyer knew someone who would be in my area & arranged to pick it up. DHL has been good so far for heavy things, & doesn't have a size restrictions like UPS. One thing I find very odd with UPS, is that there's a surcharge on a crate when you ship because it's not in a cardboard box. It has nothing to do with weight, it's considered unapproved or non conforming packaging they can't guarantee or something like that. You could literally put the crate inside a cardboard box & the surcharge is gone.  ???

Bob                

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Wakko

USPS is nice cause it's cheap.  When you can't ship it USPS, FedEx is second best.  I ship a pair of aluminum wheels via Fedex for 20 bucks (44 lbs) or $40 via UPS...wtf is up with THAT?  USPS can get a small box 2-3 days cross country for 4 bucks...can't beat it.  And now that they have an automated scale and drop box, no lines.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Charger4404spd

Quote from: Silver R/T on September 20, 2005, 04:52:55 PM
Quote from: Charger4404spd on September 20, 2005, 07:07:31 AM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on September 20, 2005, 01:52:07 AM
I refuse to use UPS for anything :flame:

I agree, and their rates suck as well.

whats better then? USPS is much worse btw

Yes, I have had far better service with USPS and they are cheaper.

6pkrunner

I have had so many issues with UPS that I no longer deal with them. I wouldn't accpet a free hemi if it was coming UPS. It would be lost, then found, smashed beyond use, lost again, smashed more, destroyed, lost, and when it arrived there would be a $47,000 outstanding fee on it which if not paid would go to a collection agency who will hound you to death and threaten you 24 hours a day.

While some of the numbers above may be exaggerated, those events and many many many more horror stories are true. If you get an urge to ship or recieve by UPS kick yourself where the sun doesn't shine.

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: 6pkrunner on September 21, 2005, 06:42:30 PM
I have had so many issues with UPS that I no longer deal with them. I wouldn't accpet a free hemi if it was coming UPS. It would be lost, then found, smashed beyond use, lost again,
  Remember this:   http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/computersecurity/infotheft/2005-06-06-citifinancial-lost-data_x.htm

I'm Boycotting

Silver R/T

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

doctorpimp

UPS also has the highest brokerage rates for importing into Canada.  What a rip off!
I prefer USPS, FedEx or DHL.
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Drop Top

Go GreyHound.
I've sent out a few hoods and no problems yet. Cheaper too.

Silver R/T

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger Aficionado