News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carlisle Meet

Started by Wingnut426, July 09, 2007, 11:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingnut426

I haven't seen anything written up on the Carilsle Meet.  I got to meet a few board members, SunroofSuperbird, HemiGeno, and John Antonelli. I was told "Wingless" Troy was there, but I never ran into him. I met many people face to face that I have sold parts and cars to over the years, even a guy from Sweden. I sold several scisssors jacks and handles, everyone seemed impressed with the way they came out. We even learned there were two different bearing manafacturers that supplied the bearings for the jacks and that some jacks had taller knobs welded on top than others, probably different batches were made.
I heard from a friend that my Hemibird was people's choice among the wingcars, thanks to those that voted for me.      Wingnut426
HEMI Daytona Convertible

BigBlockSam

i'd be more intrested in what charger projects where for sale and there price and cool parts for sale . i was gonna go this yr. cause i'm looking for a 70 charger project but two weeks ago i messed up my back and i can't handle all the walking right now. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

I was there as well, shooting quite a few photo's. When I get off my lazy butt, I'll post some too. I'll even try to resize the photo's of the two different bearings as well.

Wingnut426

I just got off the phone with a sales rep from Art Technologes, (Art Stamping).  He said "Irwin was a customer that ordered the H-19-B bearings", There is no "Irwin" bearing Company. Hmmmmm.                  Pete
HEMI Daytona Convertible

Just 6T9 CHGR

Ahh Pete, I wish I would have known you were there.....long time no see :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemigeno

Congrats, Pete!!!  You were a little modest with how your 'Bird looked - it was pretty sweet and well deserving of the award.

Sounds like another mystery to be solved on those bearings.  I sure wish they'd come down on the quantity required for a run, since 1,500 is just way too many.  Maybe the suppliers' bins are still full of Irwin stamped bearings??  (never hurts to wish)

69_500

Gene, I'll send you a full sized photo of that bearing. I think I took about 10 shots of it. Between all of them you can read all the stampings on the bearing. Makes it nice to blow it up to about 24x30 to read rather than squint and read the 1/16" type on the bearing. Plus its a bit cooler in my house than it was outside.

daytonalo

I was going too show , but received too many death threats !!!!!!!!

Troy

I can't believe I missed you Pete. Another on my list for next year I guess. Maybe Danny should have introduced me to more wing cars...  :nana:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69_500

I don't think there were any wing cars over there at the Cuda.com tent.  :lol: :hah:

Troy

Quote from: 69_500 on July 11, 2007, 05:00:05 PM
I don't think there were any wing cars over there at the Cuda.com tent.  :lol: :hah:

:slap: Ouch! I'll remember that...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69_500

:cheers: Somebody was bound to say it sooner or later.

Well I did introduce you to Jerry though didn't I? I know he doesn't have wing car, but he has two incredible chargers.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Wingnut426 on July 09, 2007, 11:29:23 AM
... I was told "Wingless" Troy was there, but I never ran into him...

DANG !!!!  I was there and didn't even know it !!!!!?????

Nope, Pete, wasn't there... Would have been nice...

Wingless, but not hemi-less..  ;D
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

3--Daytona

Hi--all, we finally made it home from Carlisle,,,,,good show, but very bad location for the,,survivors, we have deer trails in sw-missouri, that are smoother than Pa, turnpike.For the first time ever it was a pleasure to get on I-44 from St Louis west.             
                                                                  3-daytona

hemigeno

Jim,

Glad to see you're back home alright!  The location for the Survivor tent certainly left a lot to be desired.  Maybe next year they won't repeat that - but you might have another car to show off by then anyway.

Post some of your black car's pictures if you get the chance - that car will be gorgeous when it's done!

UFO

Yes Jim, Please post some updated pics.All I have are these crappy old ones.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

Glad to hear that you made it home safely. Did you guys wind up leaving on Sunday or staying until Monday to take off?