News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ahhh ha ha... Q5 Daytona... Drooool...

Started by Charger Aficionado, July 10, 2007, 04:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

:drool:

What a color on a Daytona!  wow...

Found her on MoParts.  Here is the ad:
Re: B Body Cars For Sale - July  [Re:  moparts]
      #3604965 - Mon Jul 02 2007 03:34 PM Attachment (206 downloads)    
Edit post Edit      Reply to this post Reply      Reply to this post Quote      Quick Reply Quick Reply 

1969 Dodge Daytona, this is the king of 4-bbl Daytona's. A former Mopar Nationals Winner & Highly Detailed. It has the Original Window Sticker & Build Sheet. It's all Numbers Matching and is Concourse. Featured in numbers magazines & is one of the most rare Daytona's ever built. It is 1 of 3 Q5 Turquoise Daytona's built. This is a serious car for a serious collector. Please do not inquire about this vehicle if you are not serious. It is not your average Daytona and yes the price reflects this. $375K, open to offers and partial trades. Trades with Pedigree only considered though please.

If you want a more common color one, I have those two. But this crown jewel carries a much higher value & price tag.

Pictuers can be seen at www.californiamopars.com or to really appreciate it. Come and see it.

Conact Dave at 714-742-2832 for details. Please, Serious Callers only.

Thank You
Dave

Edited by CaliforniaMopars (Mon Jul 02 2007 03:36 PM)

Ghoste

Since I can't afford it, I won't pretend to even have a comment on the price, but as for the color...
WOW!  That is a stunning car!  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

hemigeno

daytonalo

Will he take a beanbag chair in trade ?????

69_500

We were just talking about that car this past weekend at Carlisle. It is a gorgeous car, especially due to the color combination. But the whole car is very well done.

sunroofsuperbird

There is a Q5 Daytona within 20 miles of me also here in NC.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

Aero426

Quote from: 69_500 on July 11, 2007, 05:01:54 PM
We were just talking about that car this past weekend at Carlisle. It is a gorgeous car, especially due to the color combination. But the whole car is very well done.

That car is truly blue chip.

daytonalo

The white car in the background is bad ! It has 275x15 all around

hemigeno

Quote from: daytonalo on July 17, 2007, 07:44:42 AM

The white car is no longer white...  it was given a quickie resto and painted the original shade of T5 bronze a while back, but I don't remember what size tires/wheels they put on it.

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on July 17, 2007, 08:27:47 AM

The white car is no longer white...  it was given a quickie resto and painted the original shade of T5 bronze a while back, but I don't remember what size tires/wheels they put on it.

I've got some pictures of that T5 version at home... I'll see if any of them show the tires......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

gtx6970

the used to be a Q5 one in Florida that had white interior, now it had some serious drool factor

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: hemi68charger on July 17, 2007, 02:46:22 PM
Quote from: hemigeno on July 17, 2007, 08:27:47 AM

I've got some pictures of that T5 version at home... I'll see if any of them show the tires......

The wheel/tire information I saved from when that white car was on ebay is this: 4 15X7 magnum 500's 275 60 15 rear 255 60 15 fronts BF Goodrich TA's

I'm planning on this set-up for my clone, except I'll put 8" magnums on the back...

472 R/T SE

Isn't that the one with the clean A/C install?

Gorgeous car as white.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 18, 2007, 10:03:50 PM
Isn't that the one with the clean A/C install?

Yep  :2thumbs:

pettybird

Quote from: sunroofsuperbird on July 11, 2007, 08:59:24 PM
There is a Q5 Daytona within 20 miles of me also here in NC.

is this the florida car?  (white int/stripe?)  i don't know of this car.  i've been in the car pictured here, have seen the florida one, there is supposedly one in IL, and my friend has one here... 

Aero426

It's the ex Charlie Self &  Ed Cook car.  Not the one from Florida.

daytonalo

Usually not a big fan of white car , but that car is smoking !

moparstuart

the white daytona  is / was restored here in Kansas city  owned at the time by jim cordell a friend of mine
it came out of canada as a basket case . Took 3 cars to make it whole again . Now it's back to it's original bronze and they took all the a/c stuff out of it  including replacing the firewall . ?????  lord knows why ??????
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Old Moparz

I'd have left the A/C in place no matter what, I guess it might not be a driver anymore.  :shruggy:

The Charger I have was originally an A/C car, & when the Daytona parts go on it, it'll have A/C.

BTW, the turquoise car is nice.   :2thumbs:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

daytonalo

I'm installing after market A/C on my Hemi daytona with the comp down low with the fuel pump removed and all of the A/C and heater lines entering down low by frame rail and hoses running along frame rail .

moparstuart

was crazy but we started 10 years ago and cut the fire wall out the satelite convert and put an a/c fire wall in it .   that was before classic / vintage air packages where avalible   so my super bird will have factory air but like daytonaola i have that fancy bracket to mount a little sanden under the alternator
   should be slick  and hidden

pettybird

Quote from: DougSchellinger on August 19, 2007, 10:05:57 PM
It's the ex Charlie Self &  Ed Cook car.  Not the one from Florida.

i was talking about the one sunroofsuperbird mentioned in n. carolina...  do you know anything about that one?  is that car in NC the one from florida, or is that car still down there?

i've been in the car pictured--it is awesome. 

moparstuart

never seen a sunroof superbird  yet

but that would be cool

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on August 20, 2007, 01:07:07 PM

but that would be cool

it was in charlotte

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on August 20, 2007, 01:07:07 PM

but that would be cool

I almost made a deal with this car, but it was one that was totalled a long time ago and save from a yard.. Excellent recovery if I do say so and looks pretty cool.........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection