News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Red Sox Or Yankee?

Started by Old Moparz, July 11, 2007, 07:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

On the first day of school a first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a Red Sox fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Red Sox fans.

Wanting to impress their teacher, everyone in the class raises their hand except one little girl.

The teacher looks at the girl with surprise and says, "Janie, why didn't you raise your hand?"

"Because I'm not a Red Sox fan," she replied.

The teacher, still shocked, asked, "Well, if you are not a Red Sox fan, then who are you a fan of?"

"I am a Yankee fan, and proud of it," Janie replied.

The teacher could not believe her ears. "Janie, why pray tell are you a Yankee fan?"

"Because my mom is a Yankee fan, and my dad is Yankee fan, so I'm a Yankee fan too!"

"Well," said the teacher in a obviously annoyed tone, "that is no reason for you to be a Yankee fan. You don't have to be just like your parents all of the time. What if your mom were an idiot and your dad were a moron, what would you be then?"

"Then," Janie smiled, "I'd be a Red Sox fan."

Note:  This joke was recylced in less than 90 seconds.  :D
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 11, 2007, 07:57:08 AM

But is indeed 30 years old.

BTW, stick a fork in that team of yours, they're done.

Old Moparz

No problem with the Yankees this year, the Red Sox's lead over them is less than it was back in '77.  :D
               Bob                

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 11, 2007, 08:22:05 AM
No problem with the Yankees this year, the Red Sox's lead over them is less than it was back in '77.  :D
There's no Ron Guidry in that rotation.

Not to worry, you'll always have 2004.  :icon_smile_big:

dkn1997

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on July 11, 2007, 08:10:25 AM

As a I recall, a certian team won the world series after an 80+ year drought as a wildcard!!  and beat the division winner in one of the most spectular comebacks in pro sports playoff history. 
RECHRGED

68chrgrwife

Awesome joke...and

YANKEES RULE
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Fitz73Chrgr

You are all very mislead individuals, GO CARDS!!!
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: dkn1997 on September 10, 2007, 05:59:19 PM

As a I recall, a certian team won the world series after an 80+ year drought as a wildcard!!  and beat the division winner in one of the most spectular comebacks in pro sports playoff history. 

That was beautiful wasn't it?

This could be your year though....

:smilielol:

dkn1997

RECHRGED

kab69440

Go Indians! And take the Browns with you.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

68chrgrwife

the boys won again lat night against the dumb Red Sox!!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

dkn1997

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on September 17, 2007, 11:51:39 AM

Derek Fing Jeter.  The Sox can win all they want, they will never, and I mean never, have anyone on thier team like Jeter.  Forget all of his clutch play on the field.  you can actually show him to your kids and say "look up to him" 

except for the day he signed his big contract, do you ever hear about his salary?  has anyone on the face of the earth ever heard him complain about anything?  Puts his head down, shuts up, and goes to work.  I wish my subordinates at work had that attitude. 
RECHRGED

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: dkn1997 on September 17, 2007, 06:03:18 PM
Quote from: 68chrgrwife on September 17, 2007, 11:51:39 AM

Derek Fing Jeter.  The Sox can win all they want, they will never, and I mean never, have anyone on thier team like Jeter.  Forget all of his clutch play on the field.  you can actually show him to your kids and say "look up to him" 

except for the day he signed his big contract, do you ever hear about his salary?  has anyone on the face of the earth ever heard him complain about anything?  Puts his head down, shuts up, and goes to work.  I wish my subordinates at work had that attitude. 
Ever hear of David Ortiz?

Ever hear anything negative about him? As for big contract, David took the hometown discount. He doesn't need the big money to stay in Boston.

Jeter isn't even the best shortstop on his own team. Giving him a golden glove last year was an absolute joke.

Don't get me wrong. He's seems like a great person and a great role model but if he played anywhere other than NY,he wouldn't get anywhere near the hype he gets and he certainly wouldn't have the a golden glove last year.

dkn1997

Sorry guy, but you cannot put ortiz on the same plane as Jeter.  You can never put any full time DH above a position player.  He does not contribute to the team on both sides of the ball.  Also does not have as many chances to screw up on both sides of the ball either.

also, I have heard big papi say some dumb stuff.  it was about 2 or 3 years ago he was openign his mouth about something.  sour grapes abotu mvp balloting or something.  Did Jeter deserve that gold glove?  probably not.  but while not year in and year out the greatest fielder, he always makes that huge play in that huge spot.  he's not making errors with 2 outs, bottom 9 in the division series....ever.  he's coming out of nowhere and getting an assist on a play at the plate to save a 1 run lead late inthe game against the A's, that's what he's doing....

Also, Jeter has been doing it for 11 years.  Ortiz has not been the force he is now for that long.  Big guys like him usually don't have long prolific careers (manny, I know, I know, but I said usually)  When it's over for him, it will be over quick, he won't be who he is now at 37 or 38.  Jeter will be.  When it's all said and done, lets see who's on top. 

you can say Jeter would not get the "hype" if he did not play in NY.  but it's also the hardest place to succeed with all of that attention, big double edged sword.  look at all of the great veteran careers or promising young careers that have crashed and burned here:  Mo Vaugh, Robby Alomar, Javier Vasquez, Carl Pavano.  Look at some of the current players that had great success other places but don't quite cut it here now:  your buddy Johnny Damon, Carlos Beltran.... Not exactly 40 year old guys and clearly not playing like the players we thought we were getting.

I will throw in that Ortiz does not have it easy, the Boston media is a bunch of no good, bottom feeding, low class bums who pile on sports players like a Narc at a biker ralley. 

but seriousely, you can say that ortiz is as clutch as anyone, we all know he is, but he's not a better player or role model than Jeter.  He's a one dimentional player and Jeter is almost a 5 tool player. fields (not the best, but very good) runs, hits, steals, throws, ....best instincts on the bases I have ever seen.  I have seen him get tagged out at a base maybe 3 or 4 times total in 11 years.  .and he leads the league in 2 out hitting with runners in scoring position.  they guy in 2nd place in that category hits 20 points lower in the same situations....

so put that in your pipe and smoke it!!   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
RECHRGED

Old Moparz

Doesn't quite look that way, should be a good post season. 

Unless you're a Met fan.  :D
               Bob                

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 01, 2007, 09:13:34 AM

Doesn't quite look that way, should be a good post season. 

Unless you're a Met fan.  :D

Actually, I was referring to the division.

70charger_boy

Yankee's!!!  and, if Ortiz was offered crazy money to go to the Yankee's he would go.

If Jeter was offered crazy money to go to the Sox, he wouldn't

dkn1997

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 01, 2007, 11:18:55 AM
Yankee's!!!  and, if Ortiz was offered crazy money to go to the Yankee's he would go.

gotta agree there. 

and.... Division does not mean anything in baseball.  no real disadvantage to being the wild card, home field just does not mean as much in baseball.  Football is the only sport where it pays to put the pedal to the metal during the season to get the bye week.

I am just excited to finally not be the huge favorite in the playoffs and to have some exciting young guys on the team.
speaking of young guys, gotta give credit to Dustin Pedroya, that guy is a player!! 
RECHRGED

nh_mopar_fan

Let this be a lesson to all you kids out there, STAY OFF THE "H"!

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: dkn1997 on October 01, 2007, 05:21:33 PM

gotta agree there. 

and.... Division does not mean anything in baseball.  no real disadvantage to being the wild card, home field just does not mean as much in baseball.  Football is the only sport where it pays to put the pedal to the metal during the season to get the bye week.

I am just excited to finally not be the huge favorite in the playoffs and to have some exciting young guys on the team.
speaking of young guys, gotta give credit to Dustin Pedroya, that guy is a player!! 

I agree with that, to a point. Most teams do play better at home than on the road. The rule of thumb is play .500 on the road and kick butt at home. The Sox play much better at home. Plus, in addition to the home field advantage, they also had the choice of when they started the series.

Nice tune-up start by Pettite the other day!  :smilielol:

I'll be at Fenway for the games this week, baby!

70charger_boy

I looked up disappointment in the dictionary and this is what came up

Red Sox pitcher Dice-K (Daisuke Matsuzaka)

nh_mopar_fan

Get used to this phrase every single time any team in baseballgoes up 3-0 in a 7 game series.....

"Only one team in the history of baseball has lost a 7 game series after being up 3 games to none......"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKbVI6chQBA

ENJOY.

Old Moparz

Well, I suppose anything is possible, meaning who can win whether home field is an advantage or not, but the Red Sox aren't due to be World Series winners for another.......what, 82 years or so?  :D

Being up 3-0 & losing is no big deal. I'd take that along with the long list of championships compared to winning it once every lifetime.   :lol:

Hey Darryl, how about a cold one for a wager? If the Yankees make it to the World Series, you buy me a beer, & if the Red Sox make it to the World Series, I buy you a beer?

If neither make it, then we just go thirsty & be annoyed.  :D
               Bob                

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 01, 2007, 09:39:51 PM
Well, I suppose anything is possible, meaning who can win whether home field is an advantage or not, but the Red Sox aren't due to be World Series winners for another.......what, 82 years or so?  :D

Being up 3-0 & losing is no big deal. I'd take that along with the long list of championships compared to winning it once every lifetime.   :lol:

Hey Darryl, how about a cold one for a wager? If the Yankees make it to the World Series, you buy me a beer, & if the Red Sox make it to the World Series, I buy you a beer?

If neither make it, then we just go thirsty & be annoyed.  :D
I suppose you'll want a cold Utica Club.

Ok.

Fitz73Chrgr

Goodbye Yankees, and goodbye Torre!
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541