News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Red Sox Or Yankee?

Started by Old Moparz, July 11, 2007, 07:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nh_mopar_fan

The NY fans can keep repeating "26 rings" to make themselves feel better.

Then again, that's like the tired old fat chick flashing a pic from years ago when she was hot.

Uh, yeah, but you're in this condition now, right?

70charger_boy

I can't wait until next week..... :popcrn:

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 09, 2007, 04:32:26 PM

I wouldn't wait, all the good tee times are being taken by yankees right now.

Old Moparz

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 10, 2007, 08:12:19 AM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 09, 2007, 04:32:26 PM

I wouldn't wait, all the good tee times are being taken by yankees right now.

:smilielol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

mopar-or-no-car

Quote from: dkn1997 on September 19, 2007, 01:47:55 PM
Sorry guy, but you cannot put ortiz on the same plane as Jeter.  You can never put any full time DH above a position player.  He does not contribute to the team on both sides of the ball.  Also does not have as many chances to screw up on both sides of the ball either.

I will throw in that Ortiz does not have it easy, the Boston media is a bunch of no good, bottom feeding, low class bums who pile on sports players like a Narc at a biker ralley. 

What are you saying about Boston media? my roommate was from New York and I understand that New York media is no better!! Look what they did to A-rod !! so Jeter doesn't have it any better than Ortiz does!! except that New Yorkers LOVE him! and he has earned their love and respect !
And I agree with you that there is NO comparing a DH with a position player!! especially because Ortiz gets to SIT DOWN thru 1/2 the game and Jeter is PLAYING the WHOLE GAME!! so where is the comparison??

Real WOMEN drive MOPARS!!!!!

Old Moparz

Last night's Indian-Sox game was interesting. I liked how Manny Ramirez tried to hit David Ortiz in the nuts with the ball when he was taking off from 2nd base. He only missed by a few inches. That's what I call good ball placement, the Sox better keep him.  :D
               Bob                

nh_mopar_fan

I hadn't noticed exactly where he was hit by the ball.

Then again, my eyes weren't fixated on that particular spot on Ortiz.

Old Moparz

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 16, 2007, 10:05:35 AM
I hadn't noticed exactly where he was hit by the ball.

Then again, my eyes weren't fixated on that particular spot on Ortiz.

When I saw the play, all it looked like was that Ortiz got hit near the top of the leg. He just stopped dead after being hit & knew he was out. When they showed the replay, you could see where he got hit. He did make an effort to jump up & out of the way, but any effort resembling gymnastics by Ortiz would be like.........well.......  :smilielol:

Bob                

nh_mopar_fan

Old Moparz

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 17, 2007, 10:26:46 AM
:eek2:

Of all people to give up on their team?   :shruggy:

I take it you don't have any faith in a comeback this time?    :lol:

Hey, I have a question for you. How difficult would it be to get Red Sox/Yankee tickets to a game at Fenway? There aren't too many old stadiums left, & a game at Fenway would be cool, but a Red Sox/Yankee game would be even better I think.
               Bob                

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 17, 2007, 10:50:12 AM
Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 17, 2007, 10:26:46 AM
:eek2:

Of all people to give up on their team?   :shruggy:

I take it you don't have any faith in a comeback this time?    :lol:

Hey, I have a question for you. How difficult would it be to get Red Sox/Yankee tickets to a game at Fenway? There aren't too many old stadiums left, & a game at Fenway would be cool, but a Red Sox/Yankee game would be even better I think.

I'm bi-polar when it comes to the Red Sox. If they win tomorrow, I'll have them in the world series.  :D

As for NY at Fenway, not difficult, how much do you want to pay? The prices are silly for those games, sometimes as much as 10X face value.

But, I have season tickets. If you need just 2, I can help you out next spring. I never go to NY games, too many a-holes in the crowd.

Old Moparz

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 17, 2007, 11:06:08 AM

I'm bi-polar when it comes to the Red Sox. If they win tomorrow, I'll have them in the world series.  :D

As for NY at Fenway, not difficult, how much do you want to pay? The prices are silly for those games, sometimes as much as 10X face value.

But, I have season tickets. If you need just 2, I can help you out next spring. I never go to NY games, too many a-holes in the crowd.

Sounds great, & thanks, I'll keep it in mind. I thought I'd take my 8 year old daughter, but if the fans are that out of control, I doubt she'll be going along with me. I know I also have to get tickets to at least one game at Yankee Stadium since next year is the last year for it & I promised her. They're taking deposits on line for season tickets, & partial season tickets, but I'm not sure how much I'll spend yet.

My neighbor had gotten free tickets at work in August & had an extra one & invited me along. It was nice to go back since it was years since I went. Last time I did, Don Mattingly was still playing. It's just too far & so damn expensive anymore, but the new stadium is getting a Metro-North train station & I can get that train near my house. I think it's less than a 90 minute ride so that will be great.

Bob                

mopar-or-no-car

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 17, 2007, 02:25:53 PM

I know I also have to get tickets to at least one game at Yankee Stadium since next year is the last year for it & I promised her...........
, but the new stadium is getting a Metro-North train station & I can get that train near my house.

WOW since my boyfriend has been gone I guess my head has been in the sand! he was the die hard yankee fan! you mean they are gonna TEAR DOWN? yankee standium?? "the house that RUTH BUILT" at least that is what he called it!! that is such a cool place with SO MUCH history! He is SO lucky he is gone or he would be SO sad!! WOW!!   :o

nh_mopar_fan

Bob,

The crowd isn't out of control with the possible exception of the bleachers and I won't sit out there. I have first base box seats.

I don't like the crowd because of the obnoxious NY fans...

:D

Old Moparz

Quote from: mopar-or-no-car on October 17, 2007, 05:44:14 PM
WOW since my boyfriend has been gone I guess my head has been in the sand! he was the die hard yankee fan! you mean they are gonna TEAR DOWN? yankee standium?? "the house that RUTH BUILT" at least that is what he called it!! that is such a cool place with SO MUCH history! He is SO lucky he is gone or he would be SO sad!! WOW!!   :o

Yeah, the stadium will be demolished after next season & they are actually building the new one right next to the existing stadium. The steel framing was going up when I was there in August. It's sad in a way, there is a lot of history there just like all the other old parks that are gone. Aside from Yankee Stadium, Fenway Park in Boston, & Wrigley Field in Chicago are the only really old ones left. One of the alternatives was even worse than tearing it down, Steinbrenner was planning to move the Yankees to New Jersey.   :eek2:

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 17, 2007, 07:41:05 PM
Bob,

The crowd isn't out of control with the possible exception of the bleachers and I won't sit out there. I have first base box seats.

I don't like the crowd because of the obnoxious NY fans...

:D

Darryl, I think the crowd in any bleacher at any park will be full of beer swigging psychos, mental patients, & all kinds of wackoloons.  :lol:

First base seats sound great. I sat there once about 10 or 12 rows back in NY & loved it.   :cheers:
               Bob                

mopar-or-no-car

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 17, 2007, 10:02:34 PM
One of the alternatives was even worse than tearing it down, Steinbrenner was planning to move the Yankees to New Jersey.   :eek2:

WOW the NEW JERSEY Yankees!!   :eek2:  OMG you are right I guess building a new stadium IS a MUCH BETTER ALTERNATIVE   :2thumbs:  I guess I kind of remember now my boyfriend said the locker room wasn't air conditioned and there was a whole of other non modern things with the current yankee stadium!! Oh well I guess history must go! too bad it is a real cool looking stadium!! hopefully the new one will pay homage to the old one!!   :2thumbs:

nh_mopar_fan

Talk to me in March.

I can set you up.

One thing though, my season tickets are for weeknight games only. We don't have the weekend package.

Old Moparz

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 18, 2007, 08:17:12 AM
Talk to me in March.

I can set you up.

One thing though, my season tickets are for weeknight games only. We don't have the weekend package.

I will, thanks again.   :cheers:

By the way, I see the Sox won last night, how's the emotional roller coaster ride?   :lol:
               Bob                

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 19, 2007, 07:45:44 AM
Talk to me in March.

I can set you up.

By the way, I see the Sox won last night, how's the emotional roller coaster ride?   :lol:

we're going all the way baby!  :D

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

70charger_boy

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 19, 2007, 09:51:55 AM
Quote from: Old Moparz on October 19, 2007, 07:45:44 AM
Talk to me in March.

I can set you up.

we're going all the way baby!  :D

So, you're bck on the.............

Old Moparz

Looks like nh_mopar_fan is going to be getting a cold one on me.  :cheers:

I'll figure out something next season when we work out the ticket thing. Maybe meet up when I'm in the area.

Rockies in 6 by the way.  :D
               Bob                

nh_mopar_fan

:cheers:

We got home from the ballpark at 2am.

I just got up.       :yesnod:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Old Moparz

I'm not sure if I like the Rockies at all, but I know as a Yankee fan I'm supposed to root for them since they're playing the Red Sox.   :lol:

I wiill have to say though, the run that the Rockies had at the end of the season was impressive with just one loss in 22 games. I guess we'll see if they still have any momentum or if all those days off killed it.

Who's pitching tonight?   :shruggy:
               Bob                

nh_mopar_fan