News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1973 Dodge Dart 225 with Hooker header, where can you get throttle kit?

Started by WH23G3G, July 24, 2005, 05:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I've got a friend who's working on a 73 Dodge Dart with a 225 Slant Six. It's kinda modified, it's been bored .040 over, high lift Comp Cam (don't know lift), with a rebuilt cylinder head and comp cams HD springs, and he's going to put on a Super Six 2BBL intake and carb when we can find one. He's got a header for it that's suppose to allow Power Brakes, Power Steering, and A/C, I think it's Hooker. Well the throttle linkage looks like it mounts to the OEM exhaust manifold, but how do you add it to the header, there's not boss to mount it on the header. Does anyone know if a kit is made for it? Or know's how to make something that would work safely? I understand it's not a high horsepower muscle car, it's even a 4 door dart at that, but this kid likes it, he's doing everything right, and he's happy with it. So I just wanted to see if anyone knows how to adapt the throttle linkage to this header.

Chryco Psycho

I have always had to fabricate throttle mounts for 2 & 4bbl conversions ,  Why not use the Offy Or Clifford 4bbl intake with a 390 cfm 4 bbl ?

WH23G3G

This kid, wants to use the Super Six setup. But he wants to use the header too. I told him he would have to fabricate something but he said if he could find a complete Super Six setup he would just use the Super Six exhaust manifold. Apparently they're harder to find than I imagined. They are always scalped at the local salvage yards. He's got the air cleaner and carb. What can you even use to fabricate a mount for the throttle linkage? Right now he's just going with the stock 1BBL setup until he can find at least the Super Six 2BBL intake, he's out of a car until this one runs. Can you use the 73 linkage that came on this Dart and just fabricate the mount for the header? I was thinking he needed a u bolt and some kinda adapter plate to mount the throttle on. I can't even remember how it looks right now. He just wanted me to ask. 

Chryco Psycho

the 2 bbl operates at a 90* rotation from the 1 bbl so the linkage is totally different , I think the linkage basicall bolts to the bottom of the intake where it bolts to the exhaust manifold so it should be easy to mount the linkage in the same place at the bottom of the intake flange