News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is the preferred street/strip rear shock for some of you?

Started by Ghoste, September 19, 2005, 08:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Just wondering.  I asked this on the old forum but I forget what kind of results I got from the question and I'll be replacing them this weekend.

firefighter3931

Comp Engineering 3-way adjustables on all 4 corners for me.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

I thought about something like that Ron but I will likely end up with a pair of old school Monroe or Gabriel or something like that.  The car is much less than what you have.  I want control but not lumber wagon and it has to be reasonably cost effective.  No Wal Mart specials but no single purpose race shock either (I don't mean Comp are single purpose).

firefighter3931

The Summit Racing 3-way "house brand" are supposed to be pretty descent as well and sell for less than the CE's. Doug (R2) has them on his 69rtse that's making in the 600hp range and is happy with them. Something else to look at....

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

Well Ron, you'll be happy to know that I picked up a pair of Comp 3 ways on the weekend at Mancini's.  I don't how much they are at other places but I was surprised to find that they run about the same (and in some cases less) amount of money as other performance shocks.  I figured anything Comp automatically meant expensive.

firefighter3931

Chargerguy74

Are these shocks ok for the street? It says they are for drag use only. If good for the street I'd like to try them out. They'll work for a 73-74 right?
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Ghoste

I've been driving them for a couple of weeks now.  They seem okay.  I think the disclaimer could be there to let them off the hook for someone who gets them for each corner and dials in drag settings.  Letting the front rise quickly and the back biased from side to side could make for an intersting drive down a washboard road with a lot of curves.