News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

smokey / hazey front windshield

Started by don duick, May 29, 2015, 03:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don duick

my front glass is a smokey white color and wont clean off. It is laminated and was told tat the plastic film in between the glass is the problem. today I was cleaning the glass with paint thinners and while the thinners was wet the glass became clear, so it is not the plastic film.

When the thinners dried the glass went back to the white smokey look but with a slight improvement. Has anybody else had this problem and is there a glass cleaning product that will fix this. ?  

Indygenerallee

I have always used 000 steel wool to get glass really clean. Sounds like the thinner soaked in through the edge and soaked the laminate and that is why it "cleared" up for a short while before drying back out.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Dino

Yep, it's delaminating.  There's nothing you can do about to make it clear permanently.  Mine has it as well but I don't notice them anymore.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

don duick

don duick

I removed about 90 % with autosol metal polish and buffing machine with foam pad. So good to be looking through clear glass.

HANDM

Mine too...

Obviously we all still have our original winshields?
They clearly don't make em like this anymore, every new vehicle can barely take a small pebble much les the boulders our Chargers have taken in the past

Dino

Quote from: HANDM on May 30, 2015, 11:32:49 AM
Mine too...

Obviously we all still have our original winshields?
They clearly don't make em like this anymore, every new vehicle can barely take a small pebble much les the boulders our Chargers have taken in the past

You're not kidding.  I only have about 35K miles on my daily, with very little freeway, and my windshield is worse than the Charger's.  About 5000 miles on that one so far with more freeway time.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

don duick

my windshield is laminated and the rubber looks new so Im guessing it has been replaced. My other charger has the original non laminated windshield and is nice and clear.