News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headliner Install on Project '69!!

Started by bill440rt, July 13, 2007, 10:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOTROD

Quote from: bill440rt on July 13, 2011, 08:14:42 PM
Quote from: dodgedarren on July 13, 2011, 04:34:25 PM

Help!! How do the clips in the front work?? I cant seem to remove them.

The clips in the front hold the metal front edge molding in place.
They are removed using a flat screwdriver & needle nose pliers. You'll see two small flat metal tabs wedged together in the center. Use the screwdriver to spread them apart. You might have to pull them out then with the pliers.

YAH WHAT HE SAID !
Reinstall in reverse. Insert the clips, the squeeze the tabs together with the pliers. This will spread the tabs back out on the other side.
You'll get the idea how they work better once you get one of them out.
Good luck!
What the Hell-Dumass !

dodgedarren

Does any know what the clips are called that hold the header trim on. Also where can I get new ones????

70 Charger RT

QuoteWas curious to know if you put any sound deadener/insulation material before you installed the headliner?  If so, what type?

I cut pieces of that foil bubble wrap (foil on both sides was available at hardware store) and used 3M super 99 to glue each piece in place between the ribs.  It worked out good for me.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

68lugnut

Thanks guys for the info. I'm trying to install the one in my 68 and am having a fit with the sail panel section on both sides. Does the sail panel boards go behind the metal tabs on the package tray?
Hazzard Lugnut

fizz

behind. headliner glues to metal tab at bottom

68lugnut

Hazzard Lugnut

marshallfry01

1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

68lugnut

Hazzard Lugnut

fizz

I didn't install mine myself, but the guy who did used a spray contact adhesive that he had in a cheap looking paint gun. Same as he stuff they use for vinyl tops. I think you could order it from a autobody supply store or legendary. It appears to work better than even the 3m bomb can stuff. Word of advise, cover everything. I had drop cloths over the hood, dash, trunk and still got some on the body. 3m adhesive remover on a rag does take it off easy though, I would be nervous about using it on uncured paint.

68lugnut

Hazzard Lugnut

doczod

Hey guys,

I'm new here and want to say hello!  My son and I just purchased a '69 Charger RT, 440-4sp, Dana 60 - 4:10 Super Track Pack car with almost enough parts to make 2 cars.  The drive train is out of the car, but we've got it all minus a few engine brackets and the drive shaft.  I'll give the body a 97 out of 100.  There is absolutely no rust anywhere on the car.  This was one of those "barn finds" as the guy who had it has had it inside a garage since 1982.  He stripped it then had it painted then never put it back together.  Now he's sick and can't work on it.

Anyway, my question is this:  I've got all of the roof bows, but have no idea which one goes where.  Can any of you tell me the length of each bow so we know where to install them when we put in the new head liner?  I could just climb in the car and figure it out but right the car is full of parts and I'd have to take everything out of it to do this.  Thanks in advance.

cdr

Quote from: doczod on May 27, 2015, 08:31:42 AM
Hey guys,

I'm new here and want to say hello!  My son and I just purchased a '69 Charger RT, 440-4sp, Dana 60 - 4:10 Super Track Pack car with almost enough parts to make 2 cars.  The drive train is out of the car, but we've got it all minus a few engine brackets and the drive shaft.  I'll give the body a 97 out of 100.  There is absolutely no rust anywhere on the car.  This was one of those "barn finds" as the guy who had it has had it inside a garage since 1982.  He stripped it then had it painted then never put it back together.  Now he's sick and can't work on it.

Anyway, my question is this:  I've got all of the roof bows, but have no idea which one goes where.  Can any of you tell me the length of each bow so we know where to install them when we put in the new head liner?  I could just climb in the car and figure it out but right the car is full of parts and I'd have to take everything out of it to do this.  Thanks in advance.

they are color coded

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,102037.msg1204386.html#msg1204386
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

HeavyFuel

'cause we love pics....