News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

relay switch?

Started by dd44068, September 20, 2005, 12:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd44068

I am not sure but I think that my relay switch for my brake lights went bad. I was told that there is a relay in the stearing colum, I f so where is a good place to get one. My brake lights on the driver side work butr passenger are out, I tried to run  a wire from driver side to passenger side but still no good. Any suggestions. Thanks Dom

71_deputy

no relay's in the steering colum- just the turn signal switch- that can cause you that problem.
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

ramit

dd44068

Ishould have been prepared for that one, yes the bulbs are good.

cudaken

Guessing your not blowing fues'es. Look for a bad gound wire and clean the mounting points where the shockets go into the tail light it self. Double check all the wires in the trunk as well.

What year is your Charger?

Cuda Ken I see another posting being moved again ;D

I am back

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: cudaken on September 20, 2005, 03:31:36 PM
Guessing your not blowing fues'es. Look for a bad gound wire and clean the mounting points where the sockets go into the tail light it self. Double check all the wires in the trunk as well.
:iagree:

dd44068

Plumcrazy

Turn signal switch is the first thing I would check

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

ChargerAndy

check ground at the lamp housing on the right side. If the left side works and the right does not then check to see if there is juice to the right socket using a test light. There is also a connector plug under the carpet by the rocker you can check......then I would check the turn signal switch. Andy

Chryco Psycho

each brake light, R & L  is fed separately from the turn signal switch so the power can be interupted to allow 1 side to flash for the turn signal so the turn signal switch is generally the  problem If the grounds are OK