News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

This is why I'm selling my Daytona

Started by daytonalo, July 20, 2007, 09:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

115 mph with 525's. The white boat is my current ride , 85 mph , single 550 . All posted speeds are GPS

Mean 318

Just paint hooters on the side of the daytona ;)

daytonalo

Aero426

Quote from: daytonalo on July 20, 2007, 09:03:47 PM
115 mph with 525's. The white boat is my current ride , 85 mph , single 550 . All posted speeds are GPS

It's just a boat.   I don't get it.   All that work on your car and now you want to give up.    For a boat?    :shruggy:

daytonalo

hemi68charger

Quote from: daytonalo on July 20, 2007, 09:03:47 PM

Yeah, but it'll be hard to get into a Sonic drive-in slot with that like this.......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Forza

Maybe they will build one at the harbor? Or if he builds a ramp and floors it her could make it?

dkn1997

"115 mph with 525's. The white boat is my current ride , 85 mph , single 550 . All posted speeds are GPS"

That new boat is pretty serious!  Your old one sounds like a handful to drive.  to get a single screw to do 85, that thing must be light as hell.
A friend of mine has a 35' fountain with twin 502's that goes 80 and that thing is a bit of a handful. 
RECHRGED

BigBlockSam

it doesn't have a wing     :icon_smile_big:  . l've owned boats in the past , just big old  money pits . i don't get it Larry. you've got a great boat  already. plus your always complainining about no cash .  how much fuel does that craft use to run?  fuels expensive . :shruggy:

i hate to see any project not get finished .  :Twocents:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

PocketThunder

besides summer is half over and then the boat will come out of the water soon.  Or wont it? :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

daytonalo

Yes , It was built as a race boat , not a pleasure boat then a race boat . 550 hp helps too!!!!!!!!

Magnumcharger

I guess you'll be hanging out at www.expensiveraceboats.com from this point onwards? ;D
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

TomP

A boat is just a hole in the water where you throw money.  Sold mine a year ago.  26' Chriscraft Scorpion with twin 350's.  It'd do about 65 on the river, which really feels fast!
'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?

70charger_boy

The 2 most exciting days of a boat owners life is the day they buy and the day they sell :pity:

daytonalo

That could be true if one cant repair themselves . The white boat has 300 hrs of kicking the shit out of it , and not one breakdown .

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: 70charger_boy on July 22, 2007, 08:49:47 PM
The 2 most exciting days of a boat owners life is the day they buy and the day they sell :pity:

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :Twocents:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Ghoste

I have to say that I don't get it either but I guess I don't have to.  More power to you Larry and I look forward to your next car project.
I live by the water and just have no desire for a boat.  I like to watch them and I like going out on other folks dime but I just can't get into them.
Not to say that I don't for a second appreciate the adrenaline junkie thrill seeking of what you have going on there, but... :shruggy:

She's a big old beautiful world though and there's room for all our little passions.  ;)

BigBlockSam

QuoteThe 2 most exciting days of a boat owners life is the day they buy and the day they sell 

:smilielol:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

NYCMille

Hey Larry -

Awesome man, congrats! I've been into boats my whole life and it really sounds like your getting serious with that thing - like you said, you have the skillz to build another Daytona so go out and enjoy that thing.

Cheers - Mike  :cheers:

PocketThunder

One thing i realized after it was too late was that boating is where all the hot women hang out :yesnod:.  Not at car shows or car cruises.  Now i see why some of my friends stick countless dollars into their boats  :o
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

daytonalo

You said it , hot women all over with big Boobies !!!!!!!!!!!   MAMA, I SAW HER BOOBIES AND I LIKED THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What movie ????? I love the car show thing , but most women are fat and missing teeth ?????????

PocketThunder

Quote from: daytonalo on July 23, 2007, 09:08:30 AM
You said it , hot women all over with big Boobies !!!!!!!!!!!   MAMA, I SAW HER BOOBIES AND I LIKED THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What movie ????? I love the car show thing , but most women are fat and missing teeth ?????????

The waterboy!!

Ghoste

And as everyone knows, they aren't there because they think they can land a guy with a lot of money, it's because all hot women with big boobies just really love boating.  :smilielol:

Not that it matters of course.  :icon_smile_big:

daytonalo

DING-DING-DING , YOU WIN !!!!!!!!!!!, THE WATERBOY !!!!!!!!!!

70charger_boy

The CEO of my company has a cigarette boat that is as nice as the one you have and everytime he comes back from a trip he has to put 225 gallons of fuel in it.  He uses Avgas wich is cheap for him, because he buys it at cost, but pier prices???? you're looking at what, 5 bucks a gallon.  I like the Daytona way better.  The pic with the Daytona's at the sonic drive in will get you way hotter and younger chics.  Just stay away from the chics with braces, unless you want to meet Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC

BigBlockSam

QuoteI like the Daytona way better 

chicks are a dime a dozen (before i got married)  but a daytona , even a  correct replica is a rare thing . Rene

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

PocketThunder

Quote from: 70charger_boy on July 23, 2007, 11:33:34 AM
The CEO of my company has a cigarette boat that is as nice as the one you have and everytime he comes back from a trip he has to put 225 gallons of fuel in it.  He uses Avgas wich is cheap for him, because he buys it at cost, but pier prices???? you're looking at what, 5 bucks a gallon.  I like the Daytona way better.  The pic with the Daytona's at the sonic drive in will get you way hotter and younger chics.  Just stay away from the chics with braces, unless you want to meet Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC

Chris Hansen...  :ahum:

Oh, that guy..  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Hansen

70charger_boy

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 23, 2007, 02:02:49 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on July 23, 2007, 11:33:34 AM

Chris Hansen...  :ahum:

Oh, that guy..  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Hansen

Yep, that is the guy.   :smilielol:

Aero426

Quote from: daytonalo on July 21, 2007, 07:35:11 AM
I will build another very soon .
And monkeys might fly out of my butt.   Stick with your project.   It's just too nice to sell. 

daytonalo

I decided not to sell my car , still want the boat , but not right now .

ACUDANUT

Boats aren't money pits. Heck, they don't rust and I agree that women "hang" out more by the water than they do on hot asphalt looking at a hundred's of cars complaining they are hot,thirsty and bored out of their minds.

daytonalo

Damn right , especially the kind of boating I do , My boat runs 85 on gps , and I have the slow boat in the group , although it is only a single natural 550 hp . My buddy has a 40 Skater with twin 1100'S , runs 150 + . Trust me guys , tons of top shelf P.....SY around !!!!!!! Larry

PocketThunder

Quote from: daytonalo on July 26, 2007, 11:40:16 AM
Damn right , especially the kind of boating I do , My boat runs 85 on gps , and I have the slow boat in the group , although it is only a single natural 550 hp . My buddy has a 40 Skater with twin 1100'S , runs 150 + . Trust me guys , tons of top shelf P.....SY around !!!!!!! Larry

Are they on the water for sun and sand or are they there for the $$$?  :shruggy:

daytonalo

BOTTOM LINE , CARS SHOWS = FAT CHICKS WITH A BROKEN GRILLE
                      HOT ROD BOATING = SMOKIN CHICKS WITH BIG BOOBIES !!!!!!!!

70charger_boy

Quote from: daytonalo on July 26, 2007, 07:23:52 PM

Fat chicks buy you sweaters

Howie

Glad you are keeping it.  Hey even big girls need love too ya know!

daytonalo

MIGHT BE TRUE , BUT ANYTHING ABOVE 115 LBS WILL DROP MY TOP SPEED !!!!!!!!!

BigBlockSam

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 70charger_boy on July 26, 2007, 07:29:00 PM
Quote from: daytonalo on July 26, 2007, 07:23:52 PM

Fat chicks buy you sweaters

fat chicks need lovin too.....they just have to pay
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69_500

I beg to differ on your fat girls=car shows. I don't know all of the shows you've been too, but there are always some lookers at shows as well.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 69_500 on July 26, 2007, 08:35:14 PM
I beg to differ on your fat girls=car shows. I don't know all of the shows you've been too, but there are always some lookers at shows as well.
:iagree:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

daytonalo

Sorry , guys , I only hang out with chicks under 30

BigBlockSam

QuoteI beg to differ on your fat girls=car shows. I don't know all of the shows you've been too, but there are always some lookers at shows as well. 

69_500

Likewise here, considering i'm also under 30.

TomP

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 26, 2007, 09:06:03 PM
QuoteI beg to differ on your fat girls=car shows. I don't know all of the shows you've been too, but there are always some lookers at shows as well. 

You think I'd let fat girls stand next to my Duster?  (Sorry for the poor image quality - I took it with my cell phone)

'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?

daytonalo

IT'S NICE TO SEE GRANDMA'S GETTING WORK !!!!!!!!!!!

Charger_Fan

I snagged this pic from a carshow recently. It was taken on the sly, I was too chicken to take one from eye level.  :rotz: Too bad too, because the eye level shot had quite the cavernous cleavage! :drool5:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

70charger_boy

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on July 28, 2007, 01:21:50 PM
I snagged this pic from a carshow recently. It was taken on the sly, I was too chicken to take one from eye level.  :rotz: Too bad too, because the eye level shot had quite the cavernous cleavage! :drool5:

The70RT

I figure "What Ever Floats Your Boat" If your ole lady don't like going to car shows and bitches...... you picked the wrong one anyway. I seen plenty of beached whales at the lakes.....they just don't go in the water :lol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

472 R/T SE

Nice shot Grant.  That's my level.  My face is always within inches in bumper to bumper traffic.  :smilielol:

PocketThunder

Holy Crap!!!     :o   :o  :o   :o    I'd never leave the house.

70charger_boy

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 28, 2007, 10:29:22 PM

:slap: ya think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The70RT

Quote from: 70charger_boy on July 29, 2007, 05:58:59 AM
Quote from: PocketThunder on July 28, 2007, 10:29:22 PM

:slap: ya think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You might want to leave the house. I don't think too many like that are gonna sit around and be homebodys. Anyway it looks like you would have missed the car show. :nana: I know what you mean though. You just wouldn't work on you car as much :D

70charger_boy

I still can't get over how hot that chic in the brown shirt is  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:.................I wonder if she is going out with someone in here?  She looks high maintenance

daytonalo

IT APPEARS TO ME THAT SHE COULD BREAST FEED AN ENTIRE WING OF THE HOSPITAL !!!!!!

70charger_boy

Quote from: daytonalo on July 29, 2007, 06:41:33 PM
IT APPEARS TO ME THAT SHE COULD BREAST FEED AN ENTIRE WING OF THE HOSPITAL !!!!!!

You forgot the.... :icon_smile_big:

Wheels of Terror

Quote from: Mean 318 on July 20, 2007, 10:41:10 PM
Just paint hooters on the side of the daytona ;)

:lol: :lol: If it makes you happy, then go for it! Life is too short to be worried about other's opinions. :cheers:
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

70charger_boy

The70RT

Quote from: 70charger_boy on November 03, 2007, 01:32:33 PM
:bump:

No chicks on the beaches now. The all are hanging out at the bars now getting pale and pounded  :D

Ghoste

learical1

Quote from: The70RT on November 09, 2007, 10:34:46 AM

No chicks on the beaches now. The all are hanging out at the bars now getting pale and pounded  :D

Beeches getting pounded?  Post some pix!
Bruce

The70RT

Quote from: learical1 on November 09, 2007, 09:26:27 PM
Quote from: The70RT on November 09, 2007, 10:34:46 AM

Beeches getting pounded?  Post some pix!

Those were the days...........No digital camera's then. Peters jackets.... mini skirts and thongs were 69 cents at Duckwalls and they went on your feet then  :lol:

daytonalo

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: Ghoste on November 09, 2007, 08:17:02 PM
No downsides to that.  ;D
There is to some guys.

They can't get your boat into the bar.

They means they don't get the time of day.

daytonalo

Trust me , I need a boat to get laid !!!! Although many in the Mopar arena need more than a boat !!!!